Soooo...demonrik wrote: ↑Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:43 am We're close.
Did you add the user hdhomerundvr to your other share once you reinstalled?
The user is removed and access to your share when you removed 1.0.2, so u need to add again. Then stop/start once more.
Tip: remove all log files in the recordpath folder while the engine is stopped and once it starts again you should see a new log file created to indicate is working. No log file, something is wrong.
fwiw.. removing share you open control panel->privilege->shared folders.
Select the folder and remove
I don't see "HDHomeRunDVR" listed as a "USER" the way you show it in the first post. I do, however, see it listed under "USER GROUPS"
So I gave the "local group" HDHomeRunDVR read/write access to my Recordings folder (where I actually store my recordings), and after doing so, saw no change to either my HDHomeRun app or my.hdhomerun.com. It still doesn't see my DVR.
So, I was unclear if the "permissions" needed to get applied on the "Recordings" share or the "HDHomeRunDVR" share, so I went ahead and did that. Once I do that, I can't open the Dashboard without login credentials, as I get a warning that "my connection is no longer private." That doesn't feel right to me, so I went ahead and undid that set of permissions? But "Denying" permissions means I get a "FORBIDDEN" message that I don't have permissions to open my Dashboard, and "read only" means the connection isn't private and I need login credentials to see the dashboard... so at this point I try to execute another "clean install".
- I remove the app from QTS
- I delete all the TXT files found in my "Recordings/HDHomeRunDVR" folder (looks like they were named after dates at which versions were released)?
- I remove the "HDHomeRunDVR" share folder from Control Panel --> Shared Folders
- I manually install qpkg 1.0.3 from my downloads folder
- I navigate to my Dashboard while the engine is stopped and update the recordings folder
- I restart the engine in QTS and confirm that my DVR File Storage location has updated. It has. I check the Recordings folder in Windows Explorer, and do not see any text files present. Sounds like that might be a problem?
- I go to Control Panel - Shared Folders and look at USERS and do not see HDHomeRunDVR. I do, however, see it under User Groups.
- I go my Shared Folder "HDHomeRunDVR" and I add the Local Group "HDHomeRunDVR" to the permissions list, and give it Read/Write. I hit "apply".
- I stop and restart the engine. The restart took a long time this time. A lot of "Processing".
- I can't "open" the dashboard. My session is no longer private. my.hdhomerun.com does not detect a DVR.
So I again removed the program from the App Center...