demonrik wrote: ↑Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:56 pm
scheb wrote: ↑Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:44 pm
Now just need to hear from @psuKinger, @jumbleknot and @ppilot to hopefully confirm all good on their ends.
I think we resolved @punch-card early on..
Only outstanding is @JWylds who has yet to respond to my Q, but I suspect is just the unchecking 'Do not allow Web Server embedding in iFrames' in the Web Server configuration.
First, thanks so much for all the support and effort on this. And because I'm not sure how much of this is user error on my part, I thought it best to maybe log step-by-step everything I did and try to provide insight on what I see as I do it:
So here's what I did, step by step:
- I logged into QTS, opened the "App Center", hit the blue down arrow below the "HD 1.0.2" icon, hit "remove," and then clicked "OK" at the dialogue box that pops up.
- In QTS, I went over to File Station to see if it removed that "top level" HDHomeRunDVR" folder that I think I don't want, and I see this:
It doesn't look like that top level HDHomeRunDVR folder is gone.
And I know this is just an embarrassing shortcoming on my part, but obviously, I'm not in windows right now, and this doesn't behave like Windows... and I'm looking for a way to delete that folder, I'm right-clicking on it, I'm looking at all the "drop-down" buttons across the top, trying to find something that will allow me to delete it... and I just don't see anything.
So I think this is a problem. One I'm not sure how to solve. So I'll proceed on, noting that this might be where I went astray...
- I go to the first post in this thread, take your link to Google Drive, navigate to QPKG 1.0.3 for QNAP, and download it.
- I go back to the QTS app center, and "install manually" 1.0.3.
- Once installed, I now "open" it to see the Dashboard. My default StorageID path is: /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/HDHomeRunDVR
- I exit out of Dashboard, and STOP the engine from QTS.
- I navigate to my NAS via 192.168.x.xxx/HDHomeRunDVR to have the Dashboard Open while the engine is stopped.
- I change the default StorageID path to: /share/Recordings/HDHomeRunDVR
- I hit the button to "update the DVR Engine Config File"
- I close the window with the dashboard in it.
- I go back to QTS and START "HD 1.0.3". I open up the Dashboard, and THERE IT IS. My desired DVR path is updated
in the dashboard!! This is very good news, I'd think? Optimism abounds.
So I open the HDHomeRun app on my PC, and navigate to my Recorded tab across the top, and I get a message saying "Your HDHomeRun DVR wasn't found."
I open up my.hdhomerun.com and I see a note saying No HDHomeRunDVR connected. But it does see my two HDHomeRun Primes.
Account Information within the HDHomeRun app on Windows still indicates that I have an "ACTIVE" DVR account.