Frequency tuning

Want to write your own code to work with a HDHomeRun or work with the HDHomeRun DVR? We are happy to help with concepts, APIs, best practices.
Post Reply
Online
emveepee
Posts: 210
Joined: Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:35 pm
x 1

Frequency tuning

Post by emveepee »

I have a couple of questions on the documented frequency and sub channel stream http://192.168.0.100:5004/auto/ch473000000-3 stream All my local channels only have one sub channel so it is not easy to test.

1. Can multiple minor channels stream from the same frequency via http?
2. The example is confusing since it shows the minor number. Can I also use the service_id on DVB tuners?

Martin

nickk
Silicondust
Posts: 21173
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 9:39 am
x 406

Re: Frequency tuning

Post by nickk »

The -3 on the end means select program number 3 (which is likely the .1 virtual channel)

Online
emveepee
Posts: 210
Joined: Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:35 pm
x 1

Re: Frequency tuning

Post by emveepee »

I was meaning can I stream multiple streams on the same tuner and frequency with different program id via http or will I get an 804? Or do I do I need to use RTP multicast on Linux? I am trying to mimic what the BDA drivers do.

Martin

nickk
Silicondust
Posts: 21173
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 9:39 am
x 406

Re: Frequency tuning

Post by nickk »

I think if you leave off the -3 it will stream full mux.

Online
emveepee
Posts: 210
Joined: Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:35 pm
x 1

Re: Frequency tuning

Post by emveepee »

Yes it does, but I was hoping I didn't have to parse the PMT and PAT to create an internal filter since the dash option does that.

Post Reply