macOS 27: Skipping within recording while fullscreen freezes video, audio continues

Help and support for HDHomeRun Tuners, HDHomeRun DVR, and HDHomeRun software for Windows, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
Post Reply
Cabal
Posts: 366
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:53 pm
x 75

macOS 27: Skipping within recording while fullscreen freezes video, audio continues

Post by Cabal »

Upgraded recently to macOS 27 Golden Gate, using the latest HDHomeRun app from the app store. I was previously on Sequoia (2 versions back) without issue.

I've found that after skipping forward or back a few times (~5) while in fullscreen, the picture will freeze while the audio continues. I can no longer get any response from the UI, however if I hit the escape key, it will return to the main navigation screen after 5-10 seconds.

My workaround is to keep the video windowed and maximize it, at which point all navigation and UI remains responsive.

As mentioned, I did not see this issue in Sequoia. Thanks.

nickk
Silicondust
Posts: 21169
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 9:39 am
x 413

Re: macOS 27: Skipping within recording while fullscreen freezes video, audio continues

Post by nickk »

It works on our Macs here... which model of Mac are you using?

Cabal
Posts: 366
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:53 pm
x 75

Re: macOS 27: Skipping within recording while fullscreen freezes video, audio continues

Post by Cabal »

MBP M4 Pro 24 GB.

May also be worth noting that I'm running with an external monitor as my primary display, and I drag the HDHomeRun app over to the laptop screen for fullscreen viewing.

Post Reply