Pause then unpause on HDHR app not working on IOS on Ipad

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
marks

Pause then unpause on HDHR app not working on IOS on Ipad

Post by marks »

Pause on the HDHR app on IOS on my iPad is not working in that when I pause when watching a TV show on any HDHR Prime channel let's say for 15 minutes and then I unpause to start the TV show again, after about 5-10 seconds the TV show does not keep playing at the point I paused at but skips to the currently active time of the show. So it loses the buffer of time held for the TV show. Is this a known problem? I am up to date on all versions of IOS, HDHR app and HDHR Prime firmware. This problem has been happening for quite a while at least a year, but I never reported it. Note: I have a HDHR record running on both WD Cyloud EX4 and PR41200 if that matters. I am not recording the TV program when the issue happens.

leerandall
Device ID: 131102D9, 1326E147

Re: Pause then unpause on HDHR app not working on IOS on Ipad

Post by leerandall »

The same thing happens with the Windows app. If you pause while playing one program, but don't resume until after the next program timeslot is in progress, it will skip to current program in progress instead of resuming from where you paused it. I've had this happen many times for me, but sometimes it works as expected. No idea why. I now just try to avoid pausing for extended periods of time.