HDHR View App working again

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
mike808
Device ID: (K) Extend 10522C9A ; Quatro 10740D6C

HDHR View App working again

Post by mike808 »

For some reason, my earlier posts about HDHR View App on Windows not working have been removed.

In any case, I was getting a "black screen of death" in the HDHR View app and the UI was not even loading. I very strongly suspected there was a problem with the HDHR View App launching an embedded WMP window to play the content, having traced the web pages down to that exact point. This was back in mid 2023, I think. I can't be sure, because the posts have been removed.

Fast forward to today. I was able to completely remove the HDHR View app from my system and finallly the Windows store was able to install the app, fresh. I had tried to remove it before, and at some point trying to remove it, the Windows store indicated I had the app installed but wouldn't even launch and the store had no option to uninstall it. Basically it was FUBAR.

I can only guess that some combination of Windows 10 updates to Windows 10 x64 22H2, WMP (Windows Media Player), or the HDHR View app have ultimately allowed the universe to deem my system worthy of functioning properly. My hunch is that maybe an overly sealous security setting (or combination of settings) or weird interaction with IPv6 were the root cause. Who knows. The good news is that it's back and working!

Life is good again and HDHR View is working on Win10 x64 22H2 OS Build 19045.4291. The HDHR View app is version 20240407 (1.1.445.0).
Whatever SD did, or Microsoft did, or I did, it worked and the issue is resolved. I hope this might help anyone else with this weird situation, and happy to help figure it out if it comes up again.

nickk
Silicondust

Re: HDHR View App working again

Post by nickk »

The forum auto-expires old topics after a long period of inactivity.

Good to hear things are working. Definitely recommend using the latest app releases as we continually tweak and improve operation as well as add features.

mike808
Device ID: (K) Extend 10522C9A ; Quatro 10740D6C

Re: HDHR View App working again

Post by mike808 »

Ah. That explains it. I'm glad it's working too. When it was broken, it wouldn't update, and I tried all kinds of ways to uninstall it and try again and gave up after a while.

There were a lot of UI changes since, so I'm glad to be current now.