Can't Change Channels on Roku

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
Conner505

Can't Change Channels on Roku

Post by Conner505 »

In the last few days I can no longer change channels on the HD Home Run App on my Roku Element TV. It almost seems like it isn't registering clicking up or down.

When I tap right or left it says "seeking not allowed for this program" so it's clearly still seeing the action. Ive tried on two different remotes and same issue. All actions work on all other apps so it's only HD Home Run.

I've also tried deleting and reinstalling the app as well as unplugging the TV for 30 seconds, still nothing.

Has anyone else dealt with this issue?

cwpeacock

Re: Can't Change Channels on Roku

Post by cwpeacock »

I have had the same problem since 4/5. Works fine on all but Roku.

userxyz99

Post by userxyz99 »

ME2. Cant change channels on two Rokus. Where is the company to address this bug? They should push out the prior app version the moment this bug is reported but its been about a week and I see nothing from the company.

PaulWatkins

Post by PaulWatkins »

Same here - 3 Roku TVs with HDHomerun and none can change channels. My AppleTV does not have the problem.

Blawesome

Post by Blawesome »

This is also an issue for me as well. Frustrating, wanted to watch some golf this weekend.

ccps

Post by ccps »

Same here. Recent app update?

Raccoon Dad

Post by Raccoon Dad »

I'm having the same problem with my ROKU as well.
I have the screen telling me "Seeking not allowed for this program".
My biggest problem is that I have a projector and HD Homerun is my only access to
local channels.
Need a fix as soon as possible.....

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS »

The development team is looking into the issue and will try to get a fix out ASAP.

mmiranda2112

Post by mmiranda2112 »

At least I know that I’m not losing my mind.
I’ve tried everything to get this to work. All failed.

ArloG

Post by ArloG »

Add me to this group. I can no longer change channels on Roku -- of which I have 4 or 5. I lost count. :(

woody1650

Post by woody1650 »

I can't change OTA channels on any of my 4 Rokus. Using hdhomerun quatro. It works fine on my Sony smart tv by bypassing the roku and on my laptop. Also works thru Plex on the smart tv, but not thru the roku. This has been going on for days. Is anyone going to fix this?

Correction.... I can change channels on Plex thru the roku. Hope this helps the upcoming fix!

rdalfonso

Post by rdalfonso »

Until this problem is fixed I am able to watch HDHomeRun TV channels using the Roku Media Player.

bowlerjk

Post by bowlerjk »

Add me to this group as well. Very disappointed in SiliconDust here. Been using homerun first with cablecard edition now this after cutting cord. How about concluding last upgrade sucked, rollback to the last edition.

gariak

Post by gariak »

So what we're learning here is not only that there's virtually no QA performed before pushing an update on a Friday, because how could there be with such a serious unmissable bug, but also somehow a major breakage of functionality doesn't warrant rolling back the app version while you take your time figuring it out? I'm not unsympathetic, I have written and released code for impatient users, but it seems to me like something this significant, if you haven't figured out the problem and fixed it within a day, rollback should be the next step. And if rollbacks aren't easy to do, perhaps put some dev time into fixing that. If you've got proper code versioning, it's a process problem, not a code one. Or maybe put some (any?) resources into QA, so they can detect major UI regressions before your users have to. Those poor guys don't get the resources or respect they deserve, just all the blame.

nickk
Silicondust

Post by nickk »

Problem found and fixed. Release will be submitted to Roku tomorrow.