DVR is recording show but will not show in recordings

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
verdellstafford

DVR is recording show but will not show in recordings

Post by verdellstafford »

I set DVR to record a show and the show is on Windows 10 drive but the show doesn't show up in the recordings section. How do I get it to show up so I can watch it?

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 10A05954 10802091 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F 15300C36

Re: DVR is recording show but will not show in recordings

Post by signcarver »

Do you happen to have another engine running? For me I often find the "recent" recordings (the top line) only updates from 1 engine, while the "all" updates from each engine so if you go into the series you will find the recording (this will also work when going into the show on the all, it just may be further back than the other recently recorded items) however the problem with relying on that often comes when it isn't a series recording (i.e. something that should go to sports, movies, and you may not have a tile for the "show" yet to pull in the individual recordings) . I typically have 4-6 engines running so I may see this behavior a bit more than others.

Also note that when the DVR is on the same windows machine as your are running the app on, you may find yourself needing the loopback fix (see https://info.hdhomerun.com/info/windows ... t_find_dvr ) but this would mean you wouldn't see any recordings made on that windows machine but would see recordings made by other engines.

If it is a remote box trying to access the recordings and not picking it up, sometimes it can be a firewall rule, particularly if ipv6 gets involved as the app will try to use ipv6 when possible but sometimes gets a reply from discovery but doesn't on the later unicast requests (I often have this trouble on android with the vpn I use as the unicasts get sent out to the cloud rather than put on the local network but only a bit after initial discovery).

The other common issue is the engine getting the file/directory change notifications. This is the primary reason why storage must be local to the engine as the engine doesn't get notified it is there. Recently someone did a full backup of their system to the recording directory which was too many directories/files to get proper notification of a change (other than at startup, the engine is 100% reliant of getting OS notification of such changes).