Upgrade to new device and maintain recording schedule

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
lektrikpuke

Upgrade to new device and maintain recording schedule

Post by lektrikpuke »

I recently bought a new device - 4 tuner, 2 atsc3.0. My original device - 2 tuner, atasc1.0, still works fine after all these years (testament to the quality of the device and software). I'm using a Synology NAS to maintain my recordings.

Can I transfer my recording schedule (including shows already recorded) from my original device to my new device?

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 10A05954 10802091 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F 15300C36

Re: Upgrade to new device and maintain recording schedule

Post by signcarver »

Easiest is to start the app with both devices on the network... when you click continue it adds the new device to your account. If you wish to get rid of the old device, remove it from the network start the app up again and hit the trash can next to the removed device.

If you don't have the old device you will need to use parts of the email sent to you for your dvr subscription to register in the app.

lektrikpuke

Post by lektrikpuke »

Yes, but it the recording schedule transferred to the new device?

Cabal

Post by Cabal »

The schedule is not on a particular device, it’s in their cloud service and syncs with devices regularly. So as long as both devices are part of your account and at least one is online, you will get your recordings.

lektrikpuke

Post by lektrikpuke »

Cool. Thanks! :D