Receiving "no tuner available".

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
AlanShefveland

Receiving "no tuner available".

Post by AlanShefveland »

Hello,

I have a Flex 4 connect to a Synology DS420+ and 4 TB of available storage. In the logs I see "no tuners available to record .....". Besides the log, I have checked:

1. Tuner Status - I don't see any issues:
Virtual Channel none
Frequency none
Program Number none
Modulation Lock none
Signal Strength none
Signal Quality none
Symbol Quality none
Streaming Rate none
Resource Lock none

2. HDHomeRun.conf
RecordPath=/volume1/HDHomeRun/
Port=50000

StorageID=3632AECB-BCBB-70B4-6369-98282F70412E

3. Sources on the Channels App
Manage
HDFX-4K (10A6A6D6)
40 channels on 192.168.254.22
Manage
YouTube TV
144 channels

4. Exhaustively scouring these forums.

I see others with the same issue but no resolution.

5. I also have the box for "Send diagnostic information" checked

What am I missing?

Thanks,

Alan

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 10A05954 10802091 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F 15300C36

Re: Receiving "no tuner available".

Post by signcarver »

Are you asking about the HDHomeRun DVR or the Channels DVR as you seemed to be combining some things.

If the HDHomeRun DVR, how was the DVR engine installed as there have been different sets of problems. The main thing I have seen problems with on some devices is firewall and ipv6 as the HDHomeRun DVR will use that to communicate with the tuners if available and it sometimes sees it is available only to have it not be available when it requests something (I also often find vpn software having issues with that as discovery works via ipv6 and it gets the response but soon after all the unicast requests end up going out to the cloud rather than to device)... note I have not seen the DVR or the HDHomeRun APP fall back to the discovered ipv4 addresses if it ever gets a reply from the ipv6 address during its discovery. Often the firewall never gets fully configured for ipv6 to work right (keep in mind the devices will have link/site local responses as well as any ipv6 address assigned by router).

Other things are often on the permissions of the folders, sometimes getting messed up by software updates of the NAS.

jasonl
Silicondust

Post by jasonl »

What kind of antenna are you using? Is there an amplifier in use? The logs are showing very high signal strength across all frequencies, even frequencies that shouldn't have any signal on them.

AlanShefveland

Post by AlanShefveland »

This is the link for the antenna I purchased.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CFDWR2B1?ps ... ct_details

Thanks for the assist.

AlanShefveland

Post by AlanShefveland »

Regarding the network configuration, I need to look into that more. Thanks for pointing at something that I can research, I know very little about ipv6.

jasonl
Silicondust

Post by jasonl »

Can you try a scan without the amplifier?