Adding new HD Homerun device to network

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
sirlou

Adding new HD Homerun device to network

Post by sirlou »

Hi there, I just bought a newer HDHR4-2US Connect to replace my HD Homerun Dual (HDHR3-US), and I had a question about installation.

As it will all be running on the same system, can I just replace the tuner, rescan in the HD Homerun Setup application (Windows 10) and I am good? Or do I need to uninstall all the software and go through a web interface to reinstall everything?

I am also planning on purchasing the DVR application, but wanted to get the device up and running on my network first.

Also, any advice on adding a second device on the network? The I plan is to use the HDHR4-2US on my main Win 10 Pro rig and to move my old HDHR3-US to the living room, connect an antenna to it, and running it on a mac mini.

thanks in advance for any advice/input!

Lou

imagexpo

Re: Adding new HD Homerun device to network

Post by imagexpo »

Just connect the new HDHR to your network.
The app will find it automatically. Then do your channel scan from the HDHR menu.

sirlou

Re: Adding new HD Homerun device to network

Post by sirlou »

imagexpo wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 7:44 am Just connect the new HDHR to your network.
The app will find it automatically. Then do your channel scan from the HDHR menu.
Great, I'll just do that. Cool beans, thanks for the help!

Lou