Radio in Pahrump NV

ATSC 3.0 Forum
autodidact

Radio in Pahrump NV

Post by autodidact »

I can see that about 15 radio channels have recently been added to the ATSC 3.0 broadcast in my area. Should the HDHomeRun app on my PC nominally be able to play these? When I try, I get 'Unable to play channel: No Video Data'. My Sony TV doesn't recognize them at all. The config gui denotes each one as '(no data)'.

jasonl
Silicondust

Re: Radio in Pahrump NV

Post by jasonl »

Maybe, maybe not. Sometimes when they add new stuff to the broadcast, they put references to where the audio/video will be but don't actually start sending the actual streams immediately. It will just sit there not working for a while, the one day someone has time to finish up the rest of it and it magically starts working.

autodidact

Post by autodidact »

I shall try to exercise some patience before pestering the engineers.

decaym

Post by decaym »

We had those stations in the DC/Baltimore market for a while, and I was able to play them. However, a couple of months ago they disappeared. That was around the time that DRM was added to more channels, so it looks like the broadcasters are still playing around with the configuration.

kingcoldcuts
Device ID: 10A64085

Post by kingcoldcuts »

Late to the game here, but FWIW...

Those channels showed up during CES and worked during the event. Shortly after the end of CES they went silent. I've been running periodic channel scans to see if they will eventually disappear, but so far, they're still detected.

KCC

jasonl
Silicondust

Post by jasonl »

That makes sense. The next big industry show is NAB, and that's in Vegas from Apr 13-17, so they might return for that.