No HDhomerun app for my LG QNED in Webos store

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
Worldwatcher

No HDhomerun app for my LG QNED in Webos store

Post by Worldwatcher »

Hi All,

I just purchased an LG tv with WebOS 23, and when I searched for the HDhomerun app in the WebOS App Store it was no where to be found. It’s a little frustrating, because this a large TV, and was not a simple set up. I don’t want have to return it if I can avoid it. I was hoping that this is a temporary issue. Is there anything I can do like sideload the app or something? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

WW

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 10A05954 10802091 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F 15300C36

Re: No HDhomerun app for my LG QNED in Webos store

Post by signcarver »

What exact model and what region (i.e. the webOS app is only available to the US region until LG decides to do otherwise)?

Worldwatcher

Post by Worldwatcher »

I have the 75QNED80URA. I’m in the US region.

jasonl
Silicondust

Post by jasonl »

The app isn't available on 2023 LG TVs. LG refuses to approve it because captions don't work, but the app has no involvement whatsoever in captions, they are handled entirely by LG's video player. We have reported the issue with the video player to LG, and they haven't fixed it, so we're just kind of in limbo until they do.

Worldwatcher

Post by Worldwatcher »

Thanks Jason. That’s unfortunate. I would’ve got something else if I had known about this issue. I may return it and get something with Google TV, so I don’t run into this issue in the future.

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS »

Honestly, don't worry about the TV-level OS. They all get outdated way before the TV's screen needs to be replaced, so just get the TV you think looks great and for a price you are happy with, and then use a streaming box via HDMI for your preferred platform (Apple TV, Google TV, Fire TV, etc). I have budget Roku TV sets, and they all have Google TV boxes (the Onn box from Walmart) or an Apple TV on them.

Freekick123

Post by Freekick123 »

Worldwatcher wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 7:22 pm Thanks Jason. That’s unfortunate. I would’ve got something else if I had known about this issue. I may return it and get something with Google TV, so I don’t run into this issue in the future.
I'm on WebOS 3.4 on my 2016 LG C6. Slowly but surely the apps have issues or don't work at all. I can't get the Peacock app. Still like the TV though.