How Skip Channel scan...

Reception, channel detection, network issues, CableCARD setup, etc.
ellena.matteo

How Skip Channel scan...

Post by ellena.matteo »

Hi ,
where i live (Italy) my Flex detect Italian TV and Slovenia TV .
Here there are two transmitters. One for Italian Channels and one for Slovenia Channels.
The two platforms use the same LCN No's, so when I set my programme tuner will replace italian with the Slovenia channel.
Perfect it was edit any channel or exclude UHF 27 and 28 from the scan.

Thanks

imagexpo

Re: How Skip Channel scan...

Post by imagexpo »

Go to hdhomerun.local on your network by typing that into web browser
Click on CHANNEL LINEUP in the menu
Click on the star next to the channels you do not want until you see red X
You will no longer see these channels

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 10A05954 10802091 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F 15300C36

Post by signcarver »

If you read the original post (which I thought I had previously replied to but such post isn't there), That doesn't appear what is being looked for and that the problem is that the device is in range of two countries' stations and they both have the same virtual channel number and the poster is looking for a way for the scan to not pick up the channels from one of those countries.

The way the scan works is it only adds a single channel of any given virtual channel number. It adds the one with the highest resolution (and perhaps considers codec) followed by the one with the highest signal quality (at time of scan, occasional background scans continue and that may change which is added). The only way for the built in scan of the device to block receiving the "unwanted" channel. If same resolution, it may be just a bit of antenna adjustment is needed to lower its quality but in reality one should probably pursue a filter that blocks those frequencies. If for some reason you may want to access both channels you will need to use software that does not entirely depend on the results of the device's scan. Also such other software may use the hdhomerun libraries (libhdhomerun) and as I recall some have adjusted tables there to ignore certain channels but that does nothing for the channel list on the device itself.

Its been quite some time since I have looked at European tv frequencies but I believe 27 and 28 would be 519Mhz to 535MHz. You may wish to look at http://hdhomerun.local/lineup.json?tuning which should provide frequencies of each it added to lineup (you may need to replace hdhomerun.local to its actual ip address if your network/browsing device doesn't like mdns). Often a filter will also have some negative impact on adjacent channels so I prefer to also have a channel or 2 above and below the range to be blocked to also not have any needed channel. But ultimately on such situation, I personally suggest to use other software that isn't dependent on the scan.

ellena.matteo

Post by ellena.matteo »

Actually i use HDHomerun on Firestick, what other Android or Firestick compatible software could I use?

Thanks

Matteo