HDHR3-4DC EU Coax Keeps failing with no video data - wazer

Reception, channel detection, network issues, CableCARD setup, etc.
wazer

HDHR3-4DC EU Coax Keeps failing with no video data - wazer

Post by wazer »

Hi this started happening a couple of firmwares back on this old unit.

I started up hdhomerun app on nvidia shield box and enabled send diagnostic on both places (hdhomerun setup - windows) and in the (android app)

Model: HDHR3-4DC
Device ID: 1410DE55
Firmware: 20230713

The problem is that it keeps doing no video data on specific frequencies like 306mhz on channel "TV 3" I got 3 units and so far this unit is the only one that has been doing this, tho all the other units started being REALLY slow at changing channels, so it might be something with the timeout period not being giving enough time before it rejects and says no video data

It happens using m3u with "hdhomerun record" service and hdhomerun app. Tho the hdhomerun app will do a fail-over switch and swap to normal http://192.168.1.21:5004/auto/v3 play if the grace time from hdhomerun record services gives no video data (request timeout)

My network and coax cables are 100% perfect swapped back and fort between various cables to test see if that did anything.

My network consist of an EdgeRouter 12P and some manageable switches from them which all says OK and no errors to report.

I hope you also can see that Signal Strength,Signal Quality,Symbol Quality are all at 100% all the time.

The hdhomerun record unit it self also had a total reformat(only done because of this issue) with latest windows 11 with barebone settings/drivers just enough to run secure and stable, hdhomerun record is ran from a samsung 970 evo nvme drive with 32gb 3200mhz ram and a 12core intel processor from 10th gen, so threes more than enough power to keep hdhomerun record stable and fast enough to produce lighting speed channel swaps, but sadly something is going on inside my HDHR3-4DC units after those firmwares upgrades...

Here's a demonstration showing how it fails, fast forward to around 35 seconds...

https://streamable.com/bomcd7

All of this started back in Nov/December 2023

wazer

HDHR3-4DC EU Coax Keeps failing with no video data

Post by wazer »

Hi this started happening a couple of firmwares back on this old unit.

I started up hdhomerun app on nvidia shield box and enabled send diagnostic on both places (hdhomerun setup - windows) and in the (android app)

Model: HDHR3-4DC
Device ID: 1410DE55
Firmware: 20230713

The problem is that it keeps doing no video data on specific frequencies like 306mhz on channel "TV 3" I got 3 units and so far this unit is the only one that has been doing this, tho all the other units started being REALLY slow at changing channels, so it might be something with the timeout period not being giving enough time before it rejects and says no video data

It happens using m3u with "hdhomerun record" service and hdhomerun app. Tho the hdhomerun app will do a fail-over switch and swap to normal http://192.168.1.21:5004/auto/v3 play if the grace time from hdhomerun record services gives no video data (request timeout)

My network and coax cables are 100% perfect swapped back and fort between various cables to test see if that did anything.

My network consist of an EdgeRouter 12P and some manageable switches from them which all says OK and no errors to report.

I hope you also can see that Signal Strength,Signal Quality,Symbol Quality are all at 100% all the time.

The hdhomerun record unit it self also had a total reformat(only done because of this issue) with latest windows 11 with barebone settings/drivers just enough to run secure and stable, hdhomerun record is ran from a samsung 970 evo nvme drive with 32gb 3200mhz ram and a 12core intel processor from 10th gen, so threes more than enough power to keep hdhomerun record stable and fast enough to produce lighting speed channel swaps, but sadly something is going on inside my HDHR3-4DC units after those firmwares upgrades...

Here's a demonstration showing how it fails, fast forward to around 35 seconds...

https://streamable.com/bomcd7

All of this started back in Nov/December 2023

wazer

Re: HDHR3-4DC EU Coax Keeps failing with no video data

Post by wazer »

I made a ticket, linking this forum thread, you replied and asked me to do a scan and reply back after, thats soon 4 days ago, now I'm being ghosted?

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS »

Sorry, checking the ticket now

wazer

Post by wazer »

NedS wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 4:06 pm Sorry, checking the ticket now
Thanks please let me know :)

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS »

wazer wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 5:31 pm
I'll reply to the ticket as well, but currently I'm stumped. Seems like intermittent interference of some kind. Those channels will be fine one moment, then the signal quality tanks the next moment. Signal strength remains unchanged during all of this. Let me see what I can find out.

wazer

Post by wazer »

NedS wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 7:18 pm
wazer wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 5:31 pm
I'll reply to the ticket as well, but currently I'm stumped. Seems like intermittent interference of some kind. Those channels will be fine one moment, then the signal quality tanks the next moment. Signal strength remains unchanged during all of this. Let me see what I can find out.
Thanks, but I have not heard anything back from you guys yet, are we talking a replacement board/unit or something? its only this device behaving like this so far.

wazer

Post by wazer »

Bump ??? Still no answer and ticket is left behind with message that engineers are super busy ?? on Feb 14, 2024 23:38

1675783999/ticket/22737

wazer

Post by wazer »

Sorry to say, but ghosted again additional 2 months has passed..

What the h... is going on.

??

nickk
Silicondust

Post by nickk »

Is the problem only on one or two specific physical channels?

wazer

Post by wazer »

nickk wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:32 am Is the problem only on one or two specific physical channels?
No I think I counted around 10-12 channels doing this randomly, It was also recorded to the logs you guys got.