Current state of Apple TV app

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
nickk
Silicondust

Re: Current state of Apple TV app

Post by nickk »

ronj wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:18 pm The AppleTV App is also missing the ability to pass through DD4.
Apple does not support DD passthrough on the Apple TV platform.

MrDoh

Post by MrDoh »

MrDoh wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 9:42 pm Just got the HDhomerun flex 4-tuner for use with our Apple TV's. By comparing the Fire Stick 4K HDhomerun app with the Apple TV HDhomerun app, I see that there is very little in "Settings" for the Apple TV app. You can't turn off the "Slice Guide", or see the amount of DVR storage remaining on the attached USB disk on the Apple TV app. Also, when I activated my DVR with the subscription I had to do that in the Fire Stick 4K HDhomerun app.

Curious how soon we might see these basic "features" in the app? The Apple TV app seems to be pretty stable, just missing a few things the other HDhomerun apps have.

Thanks!
The main thing that I'd like to do that I can't currently do with the Apple TV app is to turn off the "slice guide" along the right edge of the screen. Much cleaner without that. It's distracting, cluttered, and at the times when I get over there by accident, takes time to figure out where focus is and to get focus back to the row of controls at the bottom of the screen.

jasonl
Silicondust

Post by jasonl »

The team that handles the interface for Apple TV is looking at what would be involved with providing an option for disabling the slice guide.

MrDoh

Post by MrDoh »

jasonl wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 4:18 pm The team that handles the interface for Apple TV is looking at what would be involved with providing an option for disabling the slice guide.
Good to hear it, thanks!

user3162

Post by user3162 »

On Apple TV, the Next Gen channels only give one line of text in closed captions. Different channels handle it differently, some overwrite the whole line, some only part of it. The regular channels work fine.