Seek Length Setting

Want to write your own code to work with a HDHomeRun or work with the HDHomeRun DVR? We are happy to help with concepts, APIs, best practices.
Casimir

Seek Length Setting

Post by Casimir »

Hello all,

For me, the 30-second forward seek length for recordings is too much. I would like a setting to change the forward/backward seek amount.

I am a C SW developer, but have never worked with SD before. It looks like SD is open to allowing people outside the company to at least access some source code. Is there any way to access the source code for the android TV app? I would be willing to implement this in SW in my spare time, and save it off to a branch.

My setup:
Flex 4k with an Nvidia Shield TV

Please tell me if this is allowed, and if so, where to get started.

nickk
Silicondust

Re: Seek Length Setting

Post by nickk »

The current approach is FF/RIGHT = 30s forward (approx) and RW/LEFT = 10s back (approx).

The goal being to skip forward quickly then back up a little when you hit the show you are watching.

Casimir

Re: Seek Length Setting

Post by Casimir »

The design does make sense in general as a default. For me personally, I end up pressing "right->left->left" a lot. It can end up feeling a little clunky. Where it bugs me the most is for football games. A lot of the time, a 30-second seek will skip from a commercial, all the way through a play, which can spoil the outcome.

I will say though, I am blown away with how great the flex 4k works for us. It is way snappier than any streaming apps we have used, and is super intuitive. If my biggest gripe is the seek length, it means you guys are doing great work. :D