What's the difference between the FDFX-4K and the TECH5-4K

Want to write your own code to work with a HDHomeRun or work with the HDHomeRun DVR? We are happy to help with concepts, APIs, best practices.
JDazell

Re: What's the difference between the FDFX-4K and the TECH5-4K

Post by JDazell »

kyl416 wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 2:45 pm The 2022 date on the TV Fool output is misleading, the FCC data set they have is actually from 2017. I just tried a generic San Francisco report from TV Fool, it's still listing all the pre-repack RF numbers. It still lists KOFY's 568 kW signal from Sutro even though they sold their spectrum and have been hosted by KCNZ-CD's 15 kW signal from Mount San Bruno since July 2018, and it still lists KCNZ-CD under its pre-August 2017 callsign KFTL-CD. It also doesn't reflect one of the biggest tower site changes, KRCB's May 2020 move from UHF 23 at Sonoma Mountain to VHF 5 at Sutro.

davygrvy@pobox.com wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 2:15 pm Thanks. I image I'll be monitoring tuner quality with

Code: Select all

hdhomerun_config <id> get /tuner0/status
examining ss for fine tuning position when I crawl the rotator
If you have Windows or Linux, try using the hdhomerun_config_gui application when rotating. It gives you a real time display of the raw signal strength, signal quality (SNR) and symbol quality and lets you quickly change RF numbers and open up VLC to the selected subchannel.
Everyone by now should have realized that "TV Fool" has been abandoned. Move over to use rabbitears.info.

davygrvy@pobox.com

Re: What's the difference between the FDFX-4K and the TECH5-4K

Post by davygrvy@pobox.com »

That's nice for a fixed setup with multiple antennas that don't move. I'm thinking of something more like this including elevation along with azimuth Image The combiner is simple for four antennas. You take the 300 ohm balanced lines and put them in a 2P2S combo. The omni I have will be fine on its own Flex