Grid LIsting on Apple TV

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
jwwhite001

Grid LIsting on Apple TV

Post by jwwhite001 »

Wondering If there was any update on when the Grid Channel Listing might be available for IOS and Apple TV?

theseer2

Re: Grid LIsting on Apple TV

Post by theseer2 »

Im new to SDHR , former sling/airTV. Purchased the DVR service. Great platform! I would like a grid listing too.

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS »

I believe as soon as the grid view is working on Mac OS and iOS, then our Apple dev will be able to start adding it to Apple TV. We had a weird issue on iOS/Mac OS that took a while to solve, but it's getting very close.

jwwhite001

Post by jwwhite001 »

Just wondering again if there is any update on this. Since my slice is useless, always several days old, I have to use another device to see what is on. Kinda a PITA.

bgrubb1

Post by bgrubb1 »

Bump Are we ever going to see Apple TV functionality ?

rkkeller

Post by rkkeller »

I had to switch to a FireTv Cube as much better support for Android and also many more settings in the app, the Apple one is missing a lot the Android one has. I would not have known that unless I tried it, seems the Android app is better supported.

nickk
Silicondust

Post by nickk »

bgrubb1 - I want to see the text grid guide feature added to Apple TV as well. The Apple TV release currently in Test Flight adds ATSC 3 subtitle support, DVB subtitle support, and improves ATSC 1 subtitle support. The next big feature to be added will be Parent Control support (required by Nextgen TV certification).

rkkeller - what configuration option is missing from Apple TV that you need? Many of the options for Android are there because there are so many different Android devices out there. We have every model of 4/HD and newer Apple TV and can configure more things automatically without user involvement.

rkkeller

Post by rkkeller »

nickk wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 8:33 am rkkeller - what configuration option is missing from Apple TV that you need? Many of the options for Android are there because there are so many different Android devices out there. We have every model of 4/HD and newer Apple TV and can configure more things automatically without user involvement.

First there is no way to even set up a new HDHR DVR subscription using it :D had to use my phone first. Also I think just about every setting option Android has, except speaker selection is not there, no account info, no devices, no list of channels, no parental controls, no starting page choice, no live tv guide option, no way to do a channel scan or select what to include or not include in the guide, etc..

Only something I noticed, might not effect everyone, but just a bunch is different.

nickk
Silicondust

Post by nickk »

rkkeller wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:22 am First there is no way to even set up a new HDHR DVR subscription using it :D had to use my phone first. Also I think just about every setting option Android has, except speaker selection is not there, no account info, no devices, no list of channels, no parental controls, no starting page choice, no live tv guide option, no way to do a channel scan or select what to include or not include in the guide, etc
One time setup features (account, devices, channels) is best done with your phone or computer. No plans in the short term to add one-time-setup features to the Apple TV app.
Parental controls is our next focus as I noted above.
The Live TV guide option isn't relevant to Apple TV quite yet.
Starting page is important - I will raise that in our next meeting.

jwwhite001

Post by jwwhite001 »

Will we ever get the grid listing for Apple TV?

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS »

jwwhite001 wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 1:55 pm Will we ever get the grid listing for Apple TV?
Yes

ansky201

Post by ansky201 »

NedS wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 4:58 pm
jwwhite001 wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 1:55 pm Will we ever get the grid listing for Apple TV?
Yes
Good to hear. Can we have a setting to default either the grid guide or slice guide? I have used the grid guide on Fire TV and it takes too many button presses to access.

jwwhite001

Post by jwwhite001 »

Any kind of a timeline?

jwwhite001

Post by jwwhite001 »

Any chance we might get this sometime soon? WAF getting lower and lower.

nickk
Silicondust

Post by nickk »

Making good progress... hopefully the feature will be released in the next 3 weeks.