HDHomeRun app for Samsung TVs (sideload)

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
xmattx44

Re: HDHomeRun app for Samsung TVs (sideload)

Post by xmattx44 »

Very much obliged. I've been a long time user, and I know all the other work arounds (Plex, DLNA, etc).

There just isn't much I hate more than a problem that can be solved but isn't. :) I appreciate the follow up immensely.

wlm12

Post by wlm12 »

Will this eventually be available from the App Store?

wlm12

Post by wlm12 »

Got it installed on QN90B, but it does not work. Blank screen when viewing channel. I can watch recorded shows, but they have no audio.

wilme2

Post by wilme2 »

wlm12 wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 10:53 am Will this eventually be available from the App Store?
I have a new S90C, and would really like to see this in the App Store.

Casimir

Post by Casimir »

I have a UN55MU8000. I successfully installed the app, but am just getting a black screen with the 20230204 version. I tried restarting the TV with no success still.

pjm

Post by pjm »

While we are waiting for the official app to hit the app store...

For those just looking to SIMPLY play the HDHomeRun TV channels on your Samsung TV, with an out of the box solution, you can install the "M3U IPTV" app from the Samsung app store on the TV, and then use http://yourHDHomerunDeviceIPaddress/lineup.m3u as the URL for it to locate the channels, and you can stream directly from your HDHomeRun.

There is no recorded TV or discover or task options, but you can get the channels.

Use the left/right controls on your remote to select the channels (etc)

pjm

Post by pjm »

NedS wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 11:10 pm
I believe this is the main issue preventing our submission to Samsung, and will require Samsung to help with. I will inquire with the engineering team about what the current status is.
Any update on the official app release Ned?

tnttburbank

Post by tnttburbank »

I have a 2017 Samsung UN65MU800D bought at Costco (in case that is a unique model). I have a CONNECT 4K HD HomeRun device.

Followed the directions on forum.silicondust.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=76510

Grabbed:
hdhomerun_view_tizen_20230206.wgt
web-ide_Tizen_Studio_5.1_windows-64.exe

Steps
1. created a developer account
2. successfully enabled developer mode (APPS Developer Mode showing)
3. Installed Studio
4. Device Manger worked after Visual C++ added

Tizen Studio installed but Device Manager failed at first. Missing MSVCP120.dll and MSVCR120.dll.
Grabbed Visual C++ 2013 vcredist_x64.exe. Still missing so I found a note that said install the x86 as well so vcredist_x86.exe.
Device Manager loaded but no file system appears in interface. I was able to select the device name and right click to see the menu and then choose "Permit to install applications"

5. Successfully created cert
6. put wgt in default location
7. ran commands successfully

Checked installed apps in Device Manager

- App Name : HDHomeRun
- App Version : 1.0.0
- App ID - WAS : 2wVEVVgrh8.HDHomeRun
- App ID - Tizen : 2wVEVVgrh8.HDHomeRun

I restart TV again and I can see the green and black HD app
However after launching it is goes black....
Turned off developer mode and still black....
TV on same network as HD HomeRun device.
Any thoughts or any updates on official app?
Can I download an older .wgt? Not sure where...

wilme2

Post by wilme2 »

pjm wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 7:50 pm Any update on the official app release Ned?
Yeah, I have a new S90C I would like to load this on, but I just don't feel like doing a sideload. One of my old Samsung smart TVs had a HDHomeRun app that was supported in the store.

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS »

A lot of other projects needing our resources right now (ATSC 3.0 stuff, GUI improvements for Roku, grid-guide for Apple TV, etc), but we still really want to see movement on this with Samsung, so it's still on "the list".

emerix

Post by emerix »

pjm wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 7:45 pm While we are waiting for the official app to hit the app store...

For those just looking to SIMPLY play the HDHomeRun TV channels on your Samsung TV, with an out of the box solution, you can install the "M3U IPTV" app from the Samsung app store on the TV, and then use http://yourHDHomerunDeviceIPaddress/lineup.m3u as the URL for it to locate the channels, and you can stream directly from your HDHomeRun.

There is no recorded TV or discover or task options, but you can get the channels.

Use the left/right controls on your remote to select the channels (etc)

Thanks for this solution! Switching between channels is a bit slow but the experience is pretty close to using the integrated tuner 👍

georg

Post by georg »

1) I sideloaded HDHomeRun View (hdhomerun_view_tizen_20230206.wgt) on my Samsung UE32M5522 TV. It doesn't work, I only get a black screen. I have a HDHomeRun Connect Quatro (HDHR5-4DT).

2) There is no "M3U IPTV" app at the Samsung app store.

IA50112DHK

Post by IA50112DHK »

Samsung QN65Q80RAFXZA
HD HomeRun Flex 4K

Thanks for the info on sideloading the HD HomeRun app. I just wanted to add for this group that I successfully installed the app and that the result was "No Device Found" on the HD HomeRun screen other than that everything went in fine. About the other response with the use of M3U IPTV app it works fine so far until something is figured out for the original app. I did notice a competitor advertisement for the same type of system on TV aired and looked into it, they do have an app in the Samsung store for their device. I'm curious how they were able to pull it off.

danieljlevine

Post by danieljlevine »

Would this support AC-4 audio?

It seems like for the amount of trouble to go through to sideload, you could just buy a cheap Fire Stick 4K and you’d even have AC-4 through that path.

And yeah, I know, currently nothing special about supporting AC-4 on ATSC 3.0. And not even relevant for ATSC 1.0.

jj.ward@prodigy.net

Post by jj.ward@prodigy.net »

I have successfully connected to the Samsung TV and have been able to push hdhomerun_view_tizen_20230206.wgt to the TV (UN55MU650D), from the CLI. But install fails (error 118):

I am guessing that one of the certificates is missing or incorrect but have not been able to figure out how to attach them to the .wgt file.

Nothing I have tried in the GUI version has helped get it even to the push point, let alone installed. Any advice would be very much appreciated, especially getting it done from the command line interface (CLI).

====================================================================
C:\tizen-studio\tools>tizen install -t UN55MU650D --name hdhomerun_view_tizen_20230206.wgt
Transferring the package...
Transferred the package: C:\tizen-studio\tools\hdhomerun_view_tizen_20230206.wgt -> /home/owner/share/tmp/sdk_tools/tmp
Installing the package...
--------------------
Platform log view
--------------------
install 2wVEVVgrh8.HDHomeRun

package_path /home/owner/share/tmp/sdk_tools/tmp/hdhomerun_view_tizen_20230206.wgt

was_install_app return WAS_TRUE

app_id[2wVEVVgrh8.HDHomeRun] install start

app_id[2wVEVVgrh8.HDHomeRun] installing[8]

app_id[2wVEVVgrh8.HDHomeRun] installing[11]

app_id[2wVEVVgrh8.HDHomeRun] installing[14]

app_id[2wVEVVgrh8.HDHomeRun] installing[17]

app_id[2wVEVVgrh8.HDHomeRun] installing[20]

app_id[2wVEVVgrh8.HDHomeRun] installing[22]

app_id[2wVEVVgrh8.HDHomeRun] install failed[118]

spend time for wascmd is [463]ms

cmd_ret:0
Failed to install Tizen application.