HDHomeRun app for Samsung TVs (sideload)

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
hhhjr

Re: HDHomeRun app for Samsung TVs (sideload)

Post by hhhjr »

Ok I was able to install it on 2 different Samsung TV's

A 55" UN55RU8000FXZA

When I open the app it tells me no tuner found, but the tv receives the DLNA if I open the input
Keep in mind that I have HDHomerun DVR on a ASUS NAS and my tuner is a HDHomerun Prime

C:\tizen-studio\tools>tizen install -t UN55RU8000FXZA --name hdhomerun_view_tizen_20230206.wgt
Transferring the package...
Transferred the package: C:\tizen-studio\tools\hdhomerun_view_tizen_20230206.wgt -> /home/owner/share/tmp/sdk_tools/tmp
Installing the package...
--------------------
Platform log view
--------------------
install 2wVEVVgrh8.HDHomeRun
package_path /home/owner/share/tmp/sdk_tools/tmp/hdhomerun_view_tizen_20230206.wgt
was_install_app return WAS_TRUE
app_id[2wVEVVgrh8.HDHomeRun] install start
app_id[2wVEVVgrh8.HDHomeRun] installing[10]
app_id[2wVEVVgrh8.HDHomeRun] installing[12]
app_id[2wVEVVgrh8.HDHomeRun] installing[15]
app_id[2wVEVVgrh8.HDHomeRun] installing[17]
app_id[2wVEVVgrh8.HDHomeRun] installing[20]
app_id[2wVEVVgrh8.HDHomeRun] installing[22]
app_id[2wVEVVgrh8.HDHomeRun] installing[25]
app_id[2wVEVVgrh8.HDHomeRun] installing[27]
app_id[2wVEVVgrh8.HDHomeRun] installing[30]
app_id[2wVEVVgrh8.HDHomeRun] installing[32]
app_id[2wVEVVgrh8.HDHomeRun] installing[35]
app_id[2wVEVVgrh8.HDHomeRun] installing[37]
app_id[2wVEVVgrh8.HDHomeRun] installing[40]
app_id[2wVEVVgrh8.HDHomeRun] installing[42]
app_id[2wVEVVgrh8.HDHomeRun] installing[45]
app_id[2wVEVVgrh8.HDHomeRun] installing[47]
app_id[2wVEVVgrh8.HDHomeRun] installing[50]
app_id[2wVEVVgrh8.HDHomeRun] installing[52]
app_id[2wVEVVgrh8.HDHomeRun] installing[55]
app_id[2wVEVVgrh8.HDHomeRun] installing[57]
app_id[2wVEVVgrh8.HDHomeRun] installing[60]
app_id[2wVEVVgrh8.HDHomeRun] installing[62]
app_id[2wVEVVgrh8.HDHomeRun] installing[65]
app_id[2wVEVVgrh8.HDHomeRun] installing[67]
app_id[2wVEVVgrh8.HDHomeRun] installing[70]
app_id[2wVEVVgrh8.HDHomeRun] installing[72]
app_id[2wVEVVgrh8.HDHomeRun] installing[75]
app_id[2wVEVVgrh8.HDHomeRun] installing[77]
app_id[2wVEVVgrh8.HDHomeRun] installing[80]
app_id[2wVEVVgrh8.HDHomeRun] installing[82]
app_id[2wVEVVgrh8.HDHomeRun] installing[85]
app_id[2wVEVVgrh8.HDHomeRun] installing[87]
app_id[2wVEVVgrh8.HDHomeRun] installing[90]
app_id[2wVEVVgrh8.HDHomeRun] installing[92]
app_id[2wVEVVgrh8.HDHomeRun] installing[95]
app_id[2wVEVVgrh8.HDHomeRun] installing[97]
app_id[2wVEVVgrh8.HDHomeRun] installing[100]
app_id[2wVEVVgrh8.HDHomeRun] install completed
spend time for wascmd is [1871]ms
cmd_ret:0
Installed the package: Id(2wVEVVgrh8.HDHomeRun)
Tizen application is successfully installed.
Total time: 00:00:03.273

My other TV 40" UN40MU6290 just gets a black screen

C:\tizen-studio\tools>tizen install -t UN40MU6290 --name hdhomerun_view_tizen_20230206.wgt
Transferring the package...
Transferred the package: C:\tizen-studio\tools\hdhomerun_view_tizen_20230206.wgt -> /home/owner/share/tmp/sdk_tools/tmp
Installing the package...
--------------------
Platform log view
--------------------
install 2wVEVVgrh8.HDHomeRun

package_path /home/owner/share/tmp/sdk_tools/tmp/hdhomerun_view_tizen_20230206.wgt

was_install_app return WAS_TRUE

app_id[2wVEVVgrh8.HDHomeRun] install start

app_id[2wVEVVgrh8.HDHomeRun] installing[8]

app_id[2wVEVVgrh8.HDHomeRun] installing[11]

app_id[2wVEVVgrh8.HDHomeRun] installing[14]

app_id[2wVEVVgrh8.HDHomeRun] installing[17]

app_id[2wVEVVgrh8.HDHomeRun] installing[20]

app_id[2wVEVVgrh8.HDHomeRun] installing[22]

app_id[2wVEVVgrh8.HDHomeRun] installing[25]

app_id[2wVEVVgrh8.HDHomeRun] installing[28]

app_id[2wVEVVgrh8.HDHomeRun] installing[31]

app_id[2wVEVVgrh8.HDHomeRun] installing[34]

app_id[2wVEVVgrh8.HDHomeRun] installing[37]

app_id[2wVEVVgrh8.HDHomeRun] installing[40]

app_id[2wVEVVgrh8.HDHomeRun] installing[42]

app_id[2wVEVVgrh8.HDHomeRun] installing[45]

app_id[2wVEVVgrh8.HDHomeRun] installing[48]

app_id[2wVEVVgrh8.HDHomeRun] installing[51]

app_id[2wVEVVgrh8.HDHomeRun] installing[54]

app_id[2wVEVVgrh8.HDHomeRun] installing[57]

app_id[2wVEVVgrh8.HDHomeRun] installing[60]

app_id[2wVEVVgrh8.HDHomeRun] installing[62]

app_id[2wVEVVgrh8.HDHomeRun] installing[65]

app_id[2wVEVVgrh8.HDHomeRun] installing[68]

app_id[2wVEVVgrh8.HDHomeRun] installing[71]

app_id[2wVEVVgrh8.HDHomeRun] installing[74]

app_id[2wVEVVgrh8.HDHomeRun] installing[77]

app_id[2wVEVVgrh8.HDHomeRun] installing[80]

app_id[2wVEVVgrh8.HDHomeRun] installing[82]

app_id[2wVEVVgrh8.HDHomeRun] installing[85]

app_id[2wVEVVgrh8.HDHomeRun] installing[88]

app_id[2wVEVVgrh8.HDHomeRun] installing[91]

app_id[2wVEVVgrh8.HDHomeRun] installing[94]

app_id[2wVEVVgrh8.HDHomeRun] installing[97]

app_id[2wVEVVgrh8.HDHomeRun] installing[100]

app_id[2wVEVVgrh8.HDHomeRun] install completed

spend time for wascmd is [2843]ms

cmd_ret:0
Installed the package: Id(2wVEVVgrh8.HDHomeRun)
Tizen application is successfully installed.
Total time: 00:00:03.917

I think it installed but neither work. I read a post in this forum that the HDHomerun Prime dont work with this Samsung app? At least that is the way I read it. Is there any truth to that? Should I not see the DVR as well?

Thanks in advance for help.
hhhjr

benniebeeker

Post by benniebeeker »

I'm running a prime with the most recent firmware. It works on 1 of 2 TVs for me.

stvkram

Post by stvkram »

In an attempt to keep the ball rolling here after getting no device detected after installing the app on my RU8000, I went into the service menu to see if there might be a setting to adjust. Results: nothing obvious and I DO NOT recommend going into the menu as it resets your sound and picture settings. You must have a remote with numbers on it and or a universal IR remote anyway. I am very interested in getting this to work : Hello Samsung! are you listening?

njxc500

Post by njxc500 »

I'm getting this error when trying to run the command from CLI....

C:\tizen-studio\tools>tizen install -t UN50TU7000FXZA --name hdhomerun_view_tizen_20230206.wgt
'tizen' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

C:\tizen-studio\tools>

There's no tizen.bat file in that folder....should there be? Any help with what i might have missed?

Thx.

benniebeeker

Post by benniebeeker »

njxc500 wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 7:22 pm I'm getting this error when trying to run the command from CLI....

C:\tizen-studio\tools>tizen install -t UN50TU7000FXZA --name hdhomerun_view_tizen_20230206.wgt

There's no tizen.bat file in that folder....should there be? Any help with what i might have missed?

Thx.
No idea. My guess is that you're missing one of the required packages to complete the installation.

hhhjr

Post by hhhjr »

stvkram wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 2:45 pm In an attempt to keep the ball rolling here after getting no device detected after installing the app on my RU8000, I went into the service menu to see if there might be a setting to adjust. Results: nothing obvious and I DO NOT recommend going into the menu as it resets your sound and picture settings. You must have a remote with numbers on it and or a universal IR remote anyway. I am very interested in getting this to work : Hello Samsung! are you listening?
stvkram seems we have the same tv with the same results, so I am guessing there is something in the network or network configuration that prevents the app from seeing the tuner. I even went as far as shutting down pvr, installing my HDHomeRun CONNECT QUATRO uninstalling my PRIME, re-installing the app, and removing every app, but the few i use. Still same result. I currently have a great setup with a Samsung extender and a win7 WMCE but I am sure at some point it will be over completely for the microsoft wmce

benniebeeker

Post by benniebeeker »

hhhjr wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 9:27 pm
stvkram wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 2:45 pm In an attempt to keep the ball rolling here after getting no device detected after installing the app on my RU8000, I went into the service menu to see if there might be a setting to adjust. Results: nothing obvious and I DO NOT recommend going into the menu as it resets your sound and picture settings. You must have a remote with numbers on it and or a universal IR remote anyway. I am very interested in getting this to work : Hello Samsung! are you listening?
stvkram seems we have the same tv with the same results, so I am guessing there is something in the network or network configuration that prevents the app from seeing the tuner. I even went as far as shutting down pvr, installing my HDHomeRun CONNECT QUATRO uninstalling my PRIME, re-installing the app, and removing every app, but the few i use. Still same result. I currently have a great setup with a Samsung extender and a win7 WMCE but I am sure at some point it will be over completely for the microsoft wmce
He can't even run the installer. It's not even to the point where it's attempting to connect to the network.

hhhjr

Post by hhhjr »

stvkram wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 10:36 pm I tried as well. When I tried to install app to TV a blah blah .db error came on Tizen Studio. When I ran the program from Studio to the Tv it starts but stops on no HD homerun devices found. Tv is an RU8000 US. I too would like to help with this. BTW that is with new updated version from 2023
I believe he is at the same point as myself with the same tv. It sounds as he has it installed.

benniebeeker

Post by benniebeeker »

hhhjr wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 3:14 pm
stvkram wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 10:36 pm I tried as well. When I tried to install app to TV a blah blah .db error came on Tizen Studio. When I ran the program from Studio to the Tv it starts but stops on no HD homerun devices found. Tv is an RU8000 US. I too would like to help with this. BTW that is with new updated version from 2023
I believe he is at the same point as myself with the same tv. It sounds as he has it installed.
Talking about this guy. :D

I'm getting this error when trying to run the command from CLI....

Thx.

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 10A05954 10802091 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F 15300C36

Post by signcarver »

When you install studio, your path should have been updated to include c:\tizen-studio\tools\ide\bin
and there is a tizen.bat there (but I am not at a place where I can actually check if that is indeed what gets ran).

Robinowitz

Post by Robinowitz »

Just set up a Servio on my existing HD Homerun network since my PC with WMC died. I am using a firecube on an older TV and it works fine. I would like to watch recorded shows on my other TV (Samsung TV QN65Q7DAAFXZA), but no HD Homerun app. Can I install a firestick to access HD Homerun app, but still maintain Xfinity cable shows and other apps already on the Samsung TV? I am unfamiliar if there is a way to EASILY switch from fire TV back to Samsung Smart TV apps. Do not want to sideload! Please advise...thank you!

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS »

Robinowitz wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 8:21 am Just set up a Servio on my existing HD Homerun network since my PC with WMC died. I am using a firecube on an older TV and it works fine. I would like to watch recorded shows on my other TV (Samsung TV QN65Q7DAAFXZA), but no HD Homerun app. Can I install a firestick to access HD Homerun app, but still maintain Xfinity cable shows and other apps already on the Samsung TV? I am unfamiliar if there is a way to EASILY switch from fire TV back to Samsung Smart TV apps. Do not want to sideload! Please advise...thank you!
Very easy, there should be a button right on the remote to switch between HDMI inputs and the built-in apps.

AnthonyBecky

Post by AnthonyBecky »

signcarver wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:52 am When you install studio, your path should have been updated to include c:\tizen-studio\tools\ide\bin
and there is a tizen.bat there (but I am not at a place where I can actually check if that is indeed what gets ran).
Thank you! this was helpful! recently came back to using my device and needed this.

confirmed working on QN85Q60 (slow channel change but better than having to hook up an extra device)

xmattx44

Post by xmattx44 »

Been following this thread for literally years now. Have installed multiple versions of the .wgt on my Samsung TV, and still get the UPnP error. Have tried "tricky" settings on my firewall (watchguard does not support UPnP by default).

Any word or update on an app that allows putting the direct URL/IP of the tuner into the app, either via TV UI or maybe code it into the project with Tizen studio? Nothing I have been able to try, research, or think up has allowed me to get this app to work on my TV.

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS »

xmattx44 wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:43 am Been following this thread for literally years now. Have installed multiple versions of the .wgt on my Samsung TV, and still get the UPnP error. Have tried "tricky" settings on my firewall (watchguard does not support UPnP by default).

Any word or update on an app that allows putting the direct URL/IP of the tuner into the app, either via TV UI or maybe code it into the project with Tizen studio? Nothing I have been able to try, research, or think up has allowed me to get this app to work on my TV.
I believe this is the main issue preventing our submission to Samsung, and will require Samsung to help with. I will inquire with the engineering team about what the current status is.