HDHomeRun app for Samsung TVs (sideload)

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
benniebeeker

Re: HDHomeRun app for Samsung TVs (sideload)

Post by benniebeeker »

nickk wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 5:16 pm New release posted just now - 20230206. Same download link.

Nick
Cross your fingers!!!!!

Installed the package: Id(2wVEVVgrh8.HDHomeRun)
Tizen application is successfully installed.

::::EDIT::::

IT'S ALIIIIIVE!!!!

Thanks Nick!!! Much appreciated. My steps I posted above work!!!!

Regards,

Ben

nickk
Silicondust

Post by nickk »

stvkram wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 10:36 pm I tried as well. When I tried to install app to TV a blah blah .db error came on Tizen Studio. When I ran the program from Studio to the Tv it starts but stops on no HD homerun devices found. Tv is an RU8000 US. I too would like to help with this. BTW that is with new updated version from 2023
UPnP discovery seems to be broken on some models of Samsung TV and Samsung doesn't seem to support other methods of discovery. It is something we plan to revisit.

stvkram

Post by stvkram »

I this a Tizen version thing? I have a 2019 Tizen 5 tv and an older Tizen 2.4. Perhaps a setting in the service menu I wonder?

benniebeeker

Post by benniebeeker »

stvkram wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:13 pm I this a Tizen version thing? I have a 2019 Tizen 5 tv and an older Tizen 2.4. Perhaps a setting in the service menu I wonder?
Could be. I've got a 2019 9000 series TV that I'm going to try and install it on tomorrow. I'll let you know how it goes. I literally just took it out of storage to put in my bedroom, so no idea what's on it.

benniebeeker

Post by benniebeeker »

My 9000 series succesfully installs, but the app doesn't run. I get a black screen with no error messages. Have to force the app closed.

nickk
Silicondust

Post by nickk »

Are there any log messages?

benniebeeker

Post by benniebeeker »

nickk wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:09 am Are there any log messages?
I'll need to figure out how to retrieve them. Haven't had to debug an app on a TV yet. I had a hard enough time getting it installed. :D

Works on my q85 (2020 TV) like a champ. My 2018? Not so much. I'll tinker when I have time.

Griffo

Post by Griffo »

I don't know what i'm doing wrong, but I simply cannot seem to get any of my Frame TV's to go into developer mode. I'm signed into the TV's with the same account as my developer account, but the 12345 simply does nothing.

Emby release a nightly USB package which can be side-loaded simply by inserting into the TV. It only lasts 30 days, but it's better than nothing. Any chance you guys could replicate that?

benniebeeker

Post by benniebeeker »

This may sound ridiculous, but you literally have to do it as quickly as you can. It took me 4-5 tries to get into developer mode.

hhhjr

Post by hhhjr »

Does anyone have a copy of the video? Please

benniebeeker

Post by benniebeeker »

I literally took the time to post step by step instructions on how to do it. Did you even read the whole thread??

hhhjr

Post by hhhjr »

I am not looking to waste anyone's time or get spoon-fed. I have been stuck with this for a couple of days. I have read the documentation, and it is very easy to follow. Thank you for your efforts and making it available.

i am stuck at

"Step 6: Put the install package in the same folder as your %YourInstallLocation%\tizen-studio\tools and run the following:
tizen install -t YourDeviceName --name hdhomerun_view_tizen_20220204.wgt"

How do i enter the command line? I assume I have to open the shell, but it fleshes open and closes. I tried to install from the device manager install by right clicking install app, but i get the following message message "org.tizen.sdblib.exception.SdbCommandRejectedException.closed"

Seems like a permission thing opening the shell, but I cant figure it out.

Thanks for your time.

hhhjr

benniebeeker

Post by benniebeeker »

2 things.

1. I forget to mention that you need to "allow apps to be installed on the device". Right click in the tizen device manager, it's in one of the context menus. Can't remember exactly where.

2. Hit the window key, type cmd, press enter. Boom, command line

benniebeeker

Post by benniebeeker »

Documentation updated.

hhhjr

Post by hhhjr »

ok so its from a dos window, not the shell in the device manager. thanks gonna try now.