HDHomeRun app for Samsung TVs (sideload)

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
Mtpvment

Re: HDHomeRun app for Samsung TVs (sideload)

Post by Mtpvment »

I successfully installed this. But on my HDHomeRun app on Samsung, it says "no guide access" next to my tuner. Any fix for this? Thanks!

terabitz

Post by terabitz »

so I followed the directions in the video and got the app installed to my TV but i get this error about UPnP

UPnP discovery is not supported or not working on this TV.

my TV is a UN405200AFXZA

nprdude

Post by nprdude »

After several starts and stops, I very slowly walked through the video instructions and successfully loaded HD Homerun on my QN65Q80BAFXZA 2022 Samsung TV. As Nick indicated in his instructions the TV channels are slow to start playing, but otherwise, the App is working the same on this TV as my others. Thank you!

koblescar

Post by koblescar »

Hey tried the YouTube link but it says the video is no longer available. Is there an updated link?

nprdude

Post by nprdude »

Same issue! I used the instruction video in mid-September and it was very easy to follow and I successfully loaded HDHomeRun on my Samsung 80 tv. I wanted to uploaded the newest version of the WGT file but now the video link is no longer available. Can someone point me to a better source for step by step instruction?

Thank you!

d4nguy@hotmail.com

Post by d4nguy@hotmail.com »

While the Samsung App Store does not support Hd Homerun you can still access the channels. Make sure your TV is network connected and browse the Sources. You should see the HD Homerun app there. It only explores the folders which contain each discovered channel. To make it easier to navigate you should set the primary channels as favorites so you only have a few to browse when you look in the Favorites folder. You can also hide any channels that you don’t normally use which makes it easier when using the app on other devices.

benniebeeker

Post by benniebeeker »

Since the installation video is no long present, I'm struggling to find an alternative reliable source for the procedure. Does anyone have updated documentation on how to do this??

Model QN65QN85AAFXZA

benniebeeker

Post by benniebeeker »

So, I'm really close. I got the Tizen suit installed, TV addins, Developer mode going on the TV, I can connect to it, etc. When I go to load the app, I get the following error.

app_id[2wVEVVgrh8.HDHomeRun] install failed[118, -12], reason: Check certificate error : :Invalid format of certificate in signature.:<-2>

Still digging. I'll post if I figure it out.

Griffo

Post by Griffo »

Is there any chance this will be published to the Samsung store any time soon?

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 10A05954 10802091 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F 15300C36

Post by signcarver »

That is up to samsung but by judging what they have done in the past I personally find such very doubtful (and if they do for this year's model, they will pull it from next year's model leje they did for the app from the e series)

benniebeeker

Post by benniebeeker »

I'm getting closer. Sorry for the delayed response, but here is what I have done so far to get it installed. I'm not going into much detail here, so you may have to do a little googling of your own. Problem is that the certificate in the installer package has expired. All this work for nothin!!! :(

Step 1: Create a Samsung Developers account.

Step 2: Enable "Developer Mode" on your TV - (your model may vary)
https://developer.samsung.com/smarttv/d ... evice.html

Step 3: Download and install Tizen Studio SDK.
https://developer.tizen.org/ko/developm ... redirect=1

Step 3: Install the following packages
Tizen SDK tools (all of it)
Extension SDKs: TV Extensions and TV Extension Tools
Extension SDKs: Samsung Certificate Extensions <-- 100% required

Step 4: Add your TV using the Tizen device manager
https://developer.samsung.com/smarttv/d ... evice.html

Step 5: Create a certificate chain
https://developer.samsung.com/smarttv/d ... cates.html

Step 6: Permit applications to be installed on devices
https://developer.samsung.com/galaxy-wa ... e%20device.

Step 7: Put the install package in the same folder as your %YourInstallLocation%\tizen-studio\tools and run the following:
tizen install -t YourDeviceName --name hdhomerun_view_tizen_20220204.wgt

****The certificate in this package is expired. Can someone perhaps point me to a fresh copy????****

ERROR:
app_id[2wVEVVgrh8.HDHomeRun] install failed[118, -12], reason: Check certificate error : :Certificate in signature was expired.:<-6>
Last edited by benniebeeker on Sun Mar 05, 2023 8:33 am, edited 2 times in total.

nickk
Silicondust

Post by nickk »

On it...

benniebeeker

Post by benniebeeker »

nickk wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 2:10 pmOn it...
Any luck there Nick? Anticipation is killing me to get this working!!

nickk
Silicondust

Post by nickk »

New release posted just now - 20230206. Same download link.

Nick

stvkram

Post by stvkram »

I tried as well. When I tried to install app to TV a blah blah .db error came on Tizen Studio. When I ran the program from Studio to the Tv it starts but stops on no HD homerun devices found. Tv is an RU8000 US. I too would like to help with this. BTW that is with new updated version from 2023