Record on older HDHR

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
creznedmick

Record on older HDHR

Post by creznedmick »

Greetings, I have the HDHomeRun HDHR3-DT box which is not listed in the ones available for the DVD app. I have tried a few seperate programs but been unable to get them to work as the latest HDHR software doesn"t have a configuration part. Is there any way I can setup a way to record from the HDHR box.
Thanks for any help Michael

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F 15300C36

Re: Record on older HDHR

Post by signcarver »

You will need a legacy application... the older units don't support http streaming which is a requirement for SD's record engine (the writing was on the wall for going in this direction at least 7 years ago when the prime got dlna support, the 4th gen has been out for 6 years now) as well as many newer releases of various applications. Though they may have made updates and there are a few modern apps that might support the legacy equipment, I would suggest looking at programs that have been around 10 or more years.

What apps were you trying as when you state "the latest HDHR software doesn"t have a configuration part" it sounds like you didn't get the software package and got the app... the full software package does contain everything it always did to support older tuners just make sure to get the software package rather than the app. For most areas where a DT tuner worked, I would suggest upgrading anyway to one that also supports DVB-T2 then you wouldn't be as restricted as to what supports the device.

What do you intend to run the client and recorder on? Do you need support for viewing recorded content in progress?

creznedmick

Re: Record on older HDHR

Post by creznedmick »

Thanks you for information. I will be away for the weekend so come back to this in a couple of days. Thanks agai Michael