DVR Question

Reception, channel detection, network issues, CableCARD setup, etc.
JoeDonth

DVR Question

Post by JoeDonth »

I have just purchased the Servio box and am going to try and use the HDHR DVR service (instead of my current home-grown one).

I have two OTA boxes (a 4 port and a 2 port). The boxes are connected to different antennas (pointed at different OTA stations).

How can I configure the HDHR DVR software to use a specific tuner when recording a specific channel?

If it auto-chooses, it may get the wrong antenna source.

Thank you for your time.

Regards,
Joe Donth

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F 15300C36

Re: DVR Question

Post by signcarver »

Any device with the channel number is fair game to be used... if one doesn't perform well, disable the channel then that device won't be used.

It goes by virtual channel number and there are a few situations that may not be desirable with your type of setup when the same channel number may refer to different channels, particularly if the shows are totally different (some might put up with getting a translator that might be slightly inferior).

JoeDonth

Post by JoeDonth »

Thank you. By "disable the channel", do you mean set the channel to Hidden (rather than favorite or "regular")?

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS »

JoeDonth wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:53 am
Thank you. By "disable the channel", do you mean set the channel to Hidden (rather than favorite or "regular")?
Yes. If a channel is available on one HDHomeRun, but is not coming in strong enough to be reliable for recording, it would be best to disable that channel on that specific HDHomeRun unit.