Override to allow re-record after permanent delete

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
Jimmersd

Override to allow re-record after permanent delete

Post by Jimmersd »

What are the chances of giving us the ability to override and set a program to re-record once its has been permanently deleted? I know we can request that the database be purged but that's a drastic answer since it would return everything to the record cue. Nightmare scenario.

NedS
Silicondust

Re: Override to allow re-record after permanent delete

Post by NedS »

I think it's being looked into, but no firm timeframe for it right now.

Jimmersd

Post by Jimmersd »

Would be nice. The way I envision this working is on the Tasks page I would go the series or item listing and find the program that I want to re-record. At present there is a green or gray checkmark indicating that the program has been recorded and deleted in the past. I would be able to click on the item and be given the option to change the state back to record. Reasons to have this function would be: deletion due to space limitations on the record device, inadvertent delete, corrupted or adulterated recording but mistakenly select delete instead of re-record, etc...

I have had all of these reasons to want to re-record an item and once the mistake is made you are locked out of correcting it.

Ken.F
Device ID: 1041A706, 1043EB32, 104BAD9E, 13168DC5, 1322A7AC

Post by Ken.F »

Jimmersd wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:43 am
The way I envision this working is on the Tasks page I would go the series or item listing and find the program that I want to re-record. At present there is a green or gray checkmark indicating that the program has been recorded and deleted in the past. I would be able to click on the item and be given the option to change the state back to record.
If it was like that you would be limited to resetting only episodes that appear in the current guide data. I would very much prefer to be able to see a complete history of all deleted shows and have the ability to reset individual episodes or an entire series. I don't care if that was made available directly in the UI or on my.hdhomerun.com or through a secure web portal that you need to log into with your subscription account info.

If I could reset hidden shows like that as well I'd probably start using that feature. It's currently impossible to un-hide a hidden show that isn't in the current guide data. I would have to search for .hidden every couple of weeks until the show came back into the guide data so I could un-hide it.

EddieP

Post by EddieP »

There has to be a way to record all episodes even deleted ones ... especially now that there are no new shows ... I would like to record old series but I do not know if anyone in my household deleted any episodes. I would hate to setup a series to record all episodes and have some not recorded because they were previously deleted.

When you create the Series it should give you the option to record previously deleted also.
I guess I will have to schedule them in EMBY.

Jimmersd

Post by Jimmersd »

Bump

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS »

Jimmersd wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:19 am
Bump
It's going to be a 'long term' kind of feature request.