Prime 3 - Can't setup - Going backwards

Reception, channel detection, network issues, CableCARD setup, etc.
funkedelic_bob

Prime 3 - Can't setup - Going backwards

Post by funkedelic_bob »

Hey guys,

Hoping someone might be able to help out.

Three days ago I got the Prime 3 - I have a cable card from Comcast that I've activated with them. My first scan came up with no channels, my second scan came up with 16 (but I couldn't view anything through the link to VLC). Then, per the troubleshooting instructions, I activated diagnostic mode, unplugged the device for 10 seconds, ran a new scan - and I was back to zero channels. It did seem to do a full scan that takes about 10-15min though; it's not stopping immediately like the troubleshooting issue: "Channel scan stops immediately with no channels found".

And three days ago I also had:
  • Two green lights
    VCTID and VCT had a number
    Card Authentication success
    Card OOB Lock success
    Card Validation success
So I try to tackle it again today... And now I'm in an even worse spot. The second from the left light is blinking. I haven't changed anything from before except plugging the cable back into my Comcast box (it's plugged back into the Prime now obviously). I'm getting a signal because I can watch TV through my Comcast box. But where I used to have CableCard Status details, now it just says "None" next to everything.

Firmware is up to date in case anyone is wondering.

I sent my diagnostic details and opened a ticket a few days ago, but haven't gotten a reply yet.

Does anyone have any helpful advice, or know how long it takes for SiliconDust to reply?

NedS
Silicondust

Re: Prime 3 - Can't setup - Going backwards

Post by NedS »

Ticket replied to, sorry for the delay.

funkedelic_bob

Re: Prime 3 - Can't setup - Going backwards

Post by funkedelic_bob »

No worries, thanks NedS. I've ordered a replacement power supply and will report back.