Prime - Lost 3rd tuner?

Reception, channel detection, network issues, CableCARD setup, etc.
suttonb1

Prime - Lost 3rd tuner?

Post by suttonb1 »

Recently started getting random tuner conflict errors in WMC. Upon testing, I see that I can record 2 shows but cannot view/record a 3rd. Launched multiple instances of View along with WMC. Can only tune 2 channels. Checking "Tuner Status", I see Tuner 0/1 both locked onto their respective channels being viewed. Tuner 2 shows a random frequency (currently 189.000 MHz).

Any way to fix this, or is my tuner toast? I'm sending diagnostics, and my device id is 13218161. Firmware 20200521.

nickk
Silicondust

Re: Prime - Lost 3rd tuner?

Post by nickk »

The log shows a long delay (8-10 minutes) for the tuning adapter to complete initialization and for the cable plant to start reporting time messages. These are two separate processes and both having problems points to the cable plant having problems.

Not seeing a specific trigger as to why it tuned 189MHz but the tuner wasn't in use streaming so should have still been available.

An attempt to watch/record a SDV channel in that 10 minutes would likely fail due to the tuning adapter not having completed initialization.

Nick

suttonb1

Post by suttonb1 »

I rebooted both the Prime and SDV adapter. Most likely why you see what you did. Tuner 2 is still down.

nickk
Silicondust

Post by nickk »

Right now tuner2 is in use (working correctly) and streaming to 192.168.1.154

Nick

suttonb1

Post by suttonb1 »

I was able to somehow unlock Tuner 2 by first viewing 1 channel through VLC, opening a second in View, then a 3rd in WMC. I'm not sure why opening something in VLC first did the trick. There must be some network issue happening that made the Prime think something was requesting/locking a strange frequency on Tuner2. Whatever it is seems to be gone finally.