Suddenly lost reception tonight

Reception, channel detection, network issues, CableCARD setup, etc.
mrgareth

Suddenly lost reception tonight

Post by mrgareth »

Hi everyone,

My quatro has become unusable this evening - poor signal strength (50-60%), and fluctuating signal/symbol quality. Some channels are "0", some are all over the place - and pixelation everywhere!

Normally I'm at 100% for Stength/Quality for all channels, so something is really wrong.

Image of the HDHomeRun Tuner Status page

I thought my antenna or cable was broken... so I unplugged the HDHomeRun and plugged it into the back of my TV... and all channels work fine! The TV reports 100%. No pixelation, it works as it should.

Image of the my TV, tuned to the same channel

Has my HDHomeRun (1251CFD2) died? I've tried rebooting it a few times, unplugging/plugging in the cable again... no change at all.

(EDIT: Also, when I first found it was having this problem... it said 2 tuners were in use, but I only had one TV on! I checked all my devices, unplugged everything.. but still thought there was something connected, and the IP it said was being used wasn't even there... had to reboot the thing a few times before it finally decided there wasn't two channels running)

Is this the dreaded power supply problem? I have nothing spare I can try out, as the plug is slightly thinner than anything else I have here. :(

mrgareth

Re: Suddenly lost reception tonight

Post by mrgareth »

Update #2... went and replaced the power supply (bought a new 5V 3A unit that people recommended on the Australian forums)....

Probably should have tried the original power supply FIRST before buying the new one though, as they both show the same "issue"... but both have improved!

Image of the HDHomeRun Tuner Status page

I'm seeing around 60% signal strength, and 90%-100% Signal quality (mostly 100% but has dips here and there), and 100% symbol quality (seems stable at 100%).

Both new and old power supply now show this... it's watchable now (no pixelation like last night), but still can't understand how my signal quality is stuck at around 60% (and the TV's inbuilt tuner still shows 100% signal strength).

NedS
Silicondust

Re: Suddenly lost reception tonight

Post by NedS »

Please open a support ticket for this and we'll get it figured out: https://www.silicondust.com/support/trouble-ticket/