Unable to play or delete top listed episode Win10 and Android

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
sonofstan

Unable to play or delete top listed episode Win10 and Android

Post by sonofstan »

Hi All!
Up until very recently (no more than 1 week), everything was working fine. In that time, I have not manually run any updates to the Windows software package, updates to the HDHR firmware, updates to the DVR engine on my MyCloud NAS, nor to the Win10 or Android apps. Win10 app is currently Version 20200529 (App) / 20200608b (UI). Android app is Version 20200521 (App) / 20200608b (UI). Today, when I went to watch a recording for the first time in a few days, I noticed that when I hover the mouse (Win10) over the top listed episode, the cursor turns from the pointer finger (can interact) back to the arrow (can't interact). If I re-sort the episodes, whatever episode is now at the top, will be the one that can't be played or deleted because the cursor turns back into the arrow. I can't click anywhere on the episode to play, and the delete and restart icons do not appear if I hover over their respective areas. While I've been typing this, I've updated the Windows software package, the HDHR firmware, and re-installed the newer DVR engine on the NAS. Since there are no updates available in the Windows store or Google Play store, that means all involved pieces of hardware and software are all running the latest code. The problem still exists, and the fact that I have the exact same symptoms in the Android app leads me to believe that this is not a problem with my PC or phone since they are both affected in the exact same manner. With all that said, the fact that I can re-sort the episodes to put the one I want to watch anywhere-but-the-top gives me a workaround, so this is low-priority, but I thought it was worth mentioning. I couldn't find any other threads related to this issue, so apologies if this has been posted elsewhere. The only version date that is within the past few days is the (UI) date which is common to both apps. That seems too obvious to be coincidence, so I'm going with the app being the problem in this case. Although, I have no idea how the (UI) version could be updated without the app being updated (I checked the Play Store, it says app was last updated on 5/21, which jives with the (App) version). I'm happy to submit any diagnostics if it helps.

Cheers,
Dave

NedS
Silicondust

Re: Unable to play or delete top listed episode Win10 and Android

Post by NedS »

Can confirm, dev team is working on a fix.

sonofstan

Post by sonofstan »

Thanks for confirming.

Dave

sonofstan

Post by sonofstan »

That was fast! Nice work!

Thanks!
Dave