Audio sync issue on one channel - bartmoon8

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
bartmoon8

Audio sync issue on one channel - bartmoon8

Post by bartmoon8 »

Can I add, this is a huge issue on my cable network. the problem occurs on many channels in (live mode, and recorded mode), in Emby, Plex and Homerun App (in live mode, don't have DVR) on Tv. it can easily be resynced by jumping forward 10 sec. It seems to happen after, the Local advertisement inserted is used. I have contacted the cable company when it got so bad as to place the commercials in the upper Left quadrant, and just shuddered the video, they have resolved that issue. now its just audio sync problems.
I do have the latest firmware on the HDHomerun boxes, May 2020, and each media player. before you ask I do not share HD homeruns, with Emby and Plex, they each have there own boxes. I have 3 on Emby and 1 on Plex. HDHomeRun PRIME, Version 20200521, I also have 2 Extends and 2 Quads, do not have the problem with these.

nickk
Silicondust

Re: Audio sync issue on one channel - bartmoon8

Post by nickk »

Hi,

A/V sync is typically a player/client side issue.

What client device/hardware are you using to run the HDHomeRun app?

Nick

bartmoon8

Re: Audio sync issue on one channel - bartmoon8

Post by bartmoon8 »

Thank you for your reply, The problem with HDHomerun is isolated to Amazon Stick (Non 4K) 2020 Generation. This device has been sent back to amazon after it was problematic, with amazon prime as well.
HDHomerun is working very well over the last 3 days and I have had no issues (Amazon, RuKu, LG, samsung).

Emby and Plex are the issue, with amazon devices, (Current, 4k Stick and cube)
I will carry this discussion to their forums.

Thank you again.