MSVCR120.dll is missing from your computer

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
nuthingfitz

MSVCR120.dll is missing from your computer

Post by nuthingfitz »

Hello - I went to rescan my channels when HD HomeRun, asked me to update and I did. After the update, I tried to launch the program to watch TV, now, I have the following error message and the program does not run:
"The program can't start because MSVCR120.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."

So, I ran this install on this thread (viewtopic.php?f=119&t=73774). I am running Windows 7. I am still getting the same error message. Can someone please help?

foxbat121
Device ID: 131087C9, 13233B7C

Re: MSVCR120.dll is missing from your computer

Post by foxbat121 »

nuthingfitz

Post by nuthingfitz »

Thanks for your reply. I just installed the files as suggested, but it did not fix my issue.

HD HomeRun was running fine before I installed the update. Is there a way to go back to a previous version of HD HomeRun?

jasonl
Expert

Post by jasonl »

Did you reboot after installing them? Sometimes it works without a reboot and sometimes it doesn't.

nuthingfitz

Post by nuthingfitz »

Oh no! I just rebooted, and now my Windows Media Center does not see my HD HomeRun tuner! So, no live TV at all.

I had no idea this update would mess everything up so bad. I am a novice at all of this. Been using WMC and HD HomeRun for years without knowing much about it.

nuthingfitz

Post by nuthingfitz »

Ok, i downloaded the latest Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015, 2017 and 2019 files and I can see live TV again on WMC, but HD HomeRun is still giving me the same error message in my opening post.

Of course, HomeRun is better, because it has a guide, so I really would like to get this going again.

I would like to get back to the HD HomeRun version 1.0.34850.0 from 3/28/20, my last update. it was working perfectly fine for me.

nuthingfitz

Post by nuthingfitz »

Solution (thanks to one of my co-workers)

A co-worker decoded the error message. Yes, it was a Microsoft Visual C++ file, but the 120 = 12.0 when is 2013, so I downloaded this:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downloa ... x?id=40784

Everything works great now, and I have HomeRun (with the guide) and WMC still works too!