unofficial Docker Container for Record Engine

Downloads & Instructions
NewGuy

Re: unofficial Docker Container for Record Engine

Post by NewGuy »

By the way, the lack of a bulk delete option in the HDHomeRun app makes me cringe. Do you know if it's safe to just delete the recordings from the file system or would that screw up an internal DB?

demonrik
Device ID: 108042A1, 10814D8E

Post by demonrik »

NewGuy wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 6:38 am
I honestly don't know what the web station option does or means - is unique to Synology.. It defaults to 59090 since 59090 is published in the container.
Web Station let's you use virtual host names you make up to point to whatever internal website you have running. For example, rather than having to use something like http://nas1:59080/ I could use http://mysupercooldvr and not worry about remembering the nonstandard port. The problem is Web Station is automatically set up to use the container's port, but in this case I actually would want Web Station to point to the DVRUI_PORT. I'm not sure how to change that in Web Station so by default it appears to get set up for your container, but then it doesn't work as expected. Knowing that I would think it's probably best to have users skip the Web Station checkbox option when creating the container.
Interesting... could you try the Add port button to map the 59080 to something maybe?
Agree with recommendation though - I'll add to the guide.
In the end my recording engine is working as expected now and my old recordings show up. Thanks for all your help!
Yay!!
NewGuy wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 6:42 am By the way, the lack of a bulk delete option in the HDHomeRun app makes me cringe. Do you know if it's safe to just delete the recordings from the file system or would that screw up an internal DB?
Yes - but I'd recommend a restart of the container. It only takes a few seconds, so worth the hit.
Main thing I've seen impact the container is temporary lack of internet can whack the record engine and a restart always fixes it up.
Restart is also great for making sure you have the latest record engine downloaded too :)

Jsherman

Post by Jsherman »

Is anyone getting the newest recording engine 20220831beta1? I was under the impression it would pull down newest engines, including betas.

I am using the demonrik/hdhrdvr-docker:latest repository in my docker settings and I am still on 20220822.

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 10A05954 10802091 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F 15300C36

Post by signcarver »

When I checked 5 minutes ago, the linux download for beta did not redirect to that but it does appear to manually be there.

Jsherman

Post by Jsherman »

signcarver wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 9:59 am When I checked 5 minutes ago, the linux download for beta did not redirect to that but it does appear to manually be there.
Thanks for that. I will wait to see if it gets updated. I feared my setup was setup incorrectly and that was why I was not getting the update.

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 10A05954 10802091 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F 15300C36

Post by signcarver »

the link used is

Code: Select all

https://download.silicondust.com/hdhomerun/hdhomerun_record_linux_beta
SD is supposed to modify on their server to always pull the latest that way you don't need to specify version number. (when I specified version it did appear to pull the newest)

I cannot say if you have such configured to properly check for betas (or even if the docker has such "option" but have seen it saying it will check such from other posts)

Jsherman

Post by Jsherman »

signcarver wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 3:43 pm the link used is

Code: Select all

https://download.silicondust.com/hdhomerun/hdhomerun_record_linux_beta
SD is supposed to modify on their server to always pull the latest that way you don't need to specify version number. (when I specified version it did appear to pull the newest)

I cannot say if you have such configured to properly check for betas (or even if the docker has such "option" but have seen it saying it will check such from other posts)
I appreciate the assistance.

That link pulls down 08222022. Which is fine and is currently running on my system without errors or problems so it really is a non-issue other than wanting the latest greatest version.

I am curious to know if other Docker users are getting the newest version.

AnalogBill

Post by AnalogBill »

Mine had been running 20220303, after restart now showing 20220822

Jsherman

Post by Jsherman »

AnalogBill wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 6:43 am Mine had been running 20220303, after restart now showing 20220822
Thanks for that!

crashnburn

Post by crashnburn »

i read some of these details but am not very familiar with linux. i pulled the command runs and the docker script and command pull command . the script was just the raw data from the page. do I save that as a docker.??? and do i need a specific extension for it like .bin or something? i am trying to muddle through getting it going. It looks like I can record through plex for now but would like to get this correct and running again. Thanks in advance for your help.

Jsherman

Post by Jsherman »

crashnburn wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:25 am i read some of these details but am not very familiar with linux. i pulled the command runs and the docker script and command pull command . the script was just the raw data from the page. do I save that as a docker.??? and do i need a specific extension for it like .bin or something? i am trying to muddle through getting it going. It looks like I can record through plex for now but would like to get this correct and running again. Thanks in advance for your help.
What build of Linux are you using?

demonrik

Post by demonrik »

signcarver wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 3:43 pmI cannot say if you have such configured to properly check for betas (or even if the docker has such "option" but have seen it saying it will check such from other posts)
You can check for latest beta with the container.
Set Beta engine to 1 (0 is off) the UI manager or edit the dvr.conf in /dvrdata
Default is 1 to enable

But as @signcarver points out, it still relies on SD updating the link as there is no way to know what a specific beta version will be called.

Apologies for delay.. was travelling and had to isolate with COVID. Should be back to normal this weekend coming.

demonrik

Post by demonrik »

crashnburn wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:25 am i read some of these details but am not very familiar with linux. i pulled the command runs and the docker script and command pull command . the script was just the raw data from the page. do I save that as a docker.??? and do i need a specific extension for it like .bin or something? i am trying to muddle through getting it going. It looks like I can record through plex for now but would like to get this correct and running again. Thanks in advance for your help.
Saw your post about running on a Synology.
Please check out the Synology guide https://github.com/demonrik/HDHR-DVR-do ... -Container

Jsherman

Post by Jsherman »

demonrik wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 2:06 am
signcarver wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 3:43 pmI cannot say if you have such configured to properly check for betas (or even if the docker has such "option" but have seen it saying it will check such from other posts)
You can check for latest beta with the container.
Set Beta engine to 1 (0 is off) the UI manager or edit the dvr.conf in /dvrdata
Default is 1 to enable

But as @signcarver points out, it still relies on SD updating the link as there is no way to know what a specific beta version will be called.

Apologies for delay.. was travelling and had to isolate with COVID. Should be back to normal this weekend coming.
Thank you for that! I have the beta engine set to 1, but it appears SD has not updated the engine for those builds yet.

Sorry to hear that you had Covid, hope you are feeling better!

crashnburn

Post by crashnburn »

Thanks for the link. I will work on that. In the meantime I started using the plex dvr function which works pretty cool. It can record skipping commercials which so far seems to work. I'm still going to work on the docker though. Thanks again.