Live Sound dropping out intermittently

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
Jimmersd

Re: Live Sound dropping out intermittently

Post by Jimmersd »

I wish we could do this with Xbox.

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS »

Jimmersd wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 5:06 pm
I wish we could do this with Xbox.
I think it's possible, but requires loading some dev tools on Windows. I will look into it, but hopefully the dev team will have a fix very soon, as this is a top priority fix.

lvsbooks

Post by lvsbooks »

I'm having the same issue with xbox with fios. Happening with live and recordings.

wclay24

Post by wclay24 »

I'd like to jump on this as well, I also have the same issue with all three of my Xbox ones. I also have to change the channel to get the sound to come back. All my devices have the current firmware:

HDHomeRun PRIME 1321C7A3
Version 20200225
549 Channels
CableCARD™ Menu

HDHomeRun PRIME 132292E5
Version 20200225
586 Channels
CableCARD™ Menu

HDHomeRun SERVIO 153042F3
Version 20200225

This is definitely an issue with the Xbox One app, I have several fireTVs that have no issues.

nickk
Silicondust

Post by nickk »

A new app release has been submitted to the app store. It will take hopefully be live for download in about 30 minutes.

Nick

bi66les

Post by bi66les »

I have been using HDhomerun for about 6 months, with no issues. Today it started to do exactly as it has for the people on this thread - sound drops out and is restored by changing channels.
I updated the firmware but it had no effect.
HDhomerun is pretty much unuseable if this cannot be resolved

I am using a windows 10 PC

Mark1082

Post by Mark1082 »

nickk wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 10:07 pm
A new app release has been submitted to the app store. It will take hopefully be live for download in about 30 minutes.

Nick
Installed the latest update and haven't had the issue yet...

Jimmersd

Post by Jimmersd »

I have too. So far , so good. Thanks, my Wife will be very happy.

m.a.c.

Post by m.a.c. »

I have been running the updated app for more than 12 hours with no audio issues. I think the issue is resolved.

Thanks Nick for the rapid response!

infobits

Post by infobits »

nickk wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 10:07 pm

Nick
Hello, on Windows 10 does the HDHomeRun app automatically update itself or must you manually go to the Microsoft Store to update the app? I ask because when I go to the Microsoft Store and look up HDHomeRun, the app does not offer to Update. It only still says Launch. So when or how to get the latest update you mentioned and how to check what version of HDHomeRun is currently running on Windows 10. I see nowhere that shows what version is current.

Nevermind.. I tried on my other Windows 10 PC opening the Microsoft Store and HDHomeRun automatically started updating downloading itself and installed. Will run it now to see if its fixed on my end! Thanks Nick!
Last edited by infobits on Thu May 21, 2020 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F 15300C36

Post by signcarver »

Go to the gear icon to see app and ui versions. It should automatically update but some may need to do so manually.

infobits

Post by infobits »

signcarver wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 9:08 am
Go to the gear icon to see app and ui versions. It should automatically update but some may need to do so manually.
Nevermind.. I tried on my other Windows 10 PC opening the Microsoft Store and HDHomeRun automatically started updating downloading itself and installed. Will run it now to see if its fixed on my end! Thanks!

Jimmersd

Post by Jimmersd »

I was able to go the the XBox store and update this morning. It hadn't when I first booted it up.

farmall.dude

Post by farmall.dude »

I've been having this issue too, along with pixelation. I'm running a 1070E036 Connect Quatro with the most current firmware on Amazon FireTV Stick, also most current updates. I have the same problem on my Windows 10 Pro machine. I don't believe it is my network bandwidth, it's been around 20MBPS for as long as I've had the Quatro. It's worked fine for a couple years, until this last update anyway. Now, live TV is unwatchable. The audio is cutting in and out almost constantly. If it goes 5 whole minutes without cutting out it's rare. There has been no change to any hardware. The antenna is pointed where it has been, no obstructions.

Let me know when it's fixed so I can start watching TV again. :P

m.a.c.

Post by m.a.c. »

farmall.dude wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 2:45 pm
Let me know when it's fixed so I can start watching TV again. :P
It's fixed.