Removing Commercials Audio out of sync

Help and support with third-party TV software.
Windows Media Center, J River Media Center, Next PVR, MythTV, InstaTV, etc.
jbahlman@gmail.com
Device ID: 13263ED4 13267ED9

Removing Commercials Audio out of sync

Post by jbahlman@gmail.com »

Does anyone use MCEBuddy to remove commercials? I started using it recently and i find that sometimes when i am watching a show, after the commercial skip, the HDhomerun comes back with the audio behind the video.
If i exit out of the show or sometimes just pause and resume, it is ok. Not sure what i can do to fix this. It isn't a show stopper, but it is annoying, still better than the commercials.

tonywagner

Re: Removing Commercials Audio out of sync

Post by tonywagner »

What software/device are you using to watch the files, after the commercials are removed?

jbahlman@gmail.com
Device ID: 13263ED4 13267ED9

Post by jbahlman@gmail.com »

Nvidia Sheild with the HDhomerun app.
I take the original files, cut the commercials and save the original somewhere else, then put the new file back without any reencoding.

sherylbrock

Post by sherylbrock »

jbahlman@gmail.com wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 2:24 pm
Does anyone use MCEBuddy to remove commercials? I started using appvalley it recently and i find that sometimes when i am watching a show, after the commercial skip, the HDhomerun comes back with the audio behind the video.
If i exit out of the show or sometimes just pause and resume, it is ok. Not sure what i can do to fix this. It isn't a show stopper, but it is annoying, still better than the commercials.
I use OBS and then just record with the video and audio source from the capture card.