List of ATSC 3.0 stations?

ATSC 3.0 Forum
charles

List of ATSC 3.0 stations?

Post by charles »

I can't find a good solid list. I know there is one in Raleigh, one in Phoenix, one in Dallas? Otherwise I just see articles saying coming 2020. If coronavirus has slowed down deployment that's understandable, but there's not much news about it.

jasonl
Expert

Re: List of ATSC 3.0 stations?

Post by jasonl »

Here's what I've been able to piece together tonight. If anyone can find confirmations of actual callsigns in any other markets, link them and I'll update the post.

Callsign City (primary affiliation / owner) (notes)
Live:
KSTR Dallas (Unimás / Univision)
KFPH-CD Phoenix (Unimás / Univision)
KSBB-CD Santa Barbara (CBS+Fox / News-Press & Gazette)
WKAR Lansing (PBS / MSU) (low power STA)
KCBB-LD Boise (Azteca / Cocola)
KBSE-LD Boise (subchannels / Cocola)

Licensed but not yet live:
KASW Phoenix (CW / Scripps) (proposed 3/27/20)
WRCF-CD Orlando (Univision / Univision) (proposed 3/2/20)
K14SC/K28GG Medford OR (N/A / WatchTV) (off-air, date unknown)
K25GA Bend OR (N/A / WatchTV) (off-air, date unknown)
K28FP Astoria OR (N/A / WatchTV) (off-air, date unknown)
KKEI-CD/KORS-CD/KOXO-CD Portland (subchannels / WatchTV) (off-air, proposed 5/1)
KFLA-LD Los Angeles (subchannels / some dude) (proposed 1/1/20)

Pending:
KRCW Portland (CW / Nexstar) (proposed 6/9/20 (nice))
KPDX Portland (MyTV / Meredith) (proposed 6/9/20)
WPNT Pittsburgh (MyTV / Sinclair) (proposed 6/16/20)
KVCW Las Vegas (CW / Sinclair) (proposed 5/26/20)

Experimental/temporary, probably defunct:
Washington DC/Baltimore
KSNV Las Vegas
WRAL Raleigh

Updates:
4/23: Initial post
4/28: FCC site working again, WPNT confirmed as Pittsburgh station, added KVCW, added proposed transition dates from FCC applications
Last edited by jasonl on Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

charles

Post by charles »

Thank you! I was hoping Seattle would be on that list already.

Rickt1962

Post by Rickt1962 »

charles wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:42 pm
I can't find a good solid list. I know there is one in Raleigh, one in Phoenix, one in Dallas? Otherwise I just see articles saying coming 2020. If coronavirus has slowed down deployment that's understandable, but there's not much news about it.
https://www.tvtechnology.com/atsc3/atsc ... 67bf5234be

charles

Post by charles »

Rickt1962 wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:51 am
charles wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:42 pm
https://www.tvtechnology.com/atsc3/atsc ... 67bf5234be
Thanks, but that article is more than a year old. I'm curious to know where we stand now.

AzJazz

Post by AzJazz »

Here is what I found for Phoenix, AZ

tmm1

Post by tmm1 »

jasonl wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:51 pm
KSBB used to re-broadcast nearby CBS/FOX affiliates, but after the switch to ATSC3 it is now the local ABC (KEYT).
The News-Press & Gazette owns or operates 45 TV network affiliates in ten midwestern and western markets. KEYT is the News-Press & Gazette’s ABC-affiliated TV station in Santa Barbara, CA (Market #124). KEYT launched its ATSC 3.0 TV station on October 5, 2018. KEYT reports that, “The federal government gave KEYT approval for this new station. It will use KSBB-CD 17 in Santa Barbara that until now provided the over- the-air signal for KKFX Fox 11 and KCOY 12 (CBS). That signal will now be used for this new technology.”
Honestly the rollout in Santa Barbara has been very disruptive, as it is no longer possible to receive FOX or CBS over the air in the city.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SantaBarbara/c ... a_barbara/

https://www.reddit.com/r/cordcutters/co ... w_atsc_30/

jasonl
Expert

Post by jasonl »

tmm1 wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 3:12 pm
jasonl wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:51 pm
KSBB used to re-broadcast nearby CBS/FOX affiliates, but after the switch to ATSC3 it is now the local ABC (KEYT).
So are both CBS and Fox gone over the air in Santa Barbara? I knew Fox was from from ATSC 1 at least, but the FCC approval was contingent on them carrying the primary service from KSBB-CD (which was CBS) on KEYT's broadcast. If they cheated that requirement by dropping CBS and Fox entirely and making KSBB an ATSC 3 rebroadcast of KEYT, that's really scummy.

tmm1

Post by tmm1 »

That is my understanding, but I will be able to confirm once I get my hands on the astc3 dev kit.

jasonl
Expert

Post by jasonl »

Post updated.

Big change is that KVCW Las Vegas has filed paperwork to make the switch, proposed for 5/26, and also carrying programming from KLAS, KSNV, and KTNV.

charles

Post by charles »

Here is an article from yesterday. We should be getting a progress update 5/11 from the ATSC group.

https://www.tvtechnology.com/amp/news/a ... -available

n9lya1

Post by n9lya1 »

I wish that map was outlined a bit better.. I think it shows near Indy? But hard to tell. Kind of weird boundaries.. But thanks for posting. Maybe it will fill in better over the next year or so.

charles wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:27 pm
Here is an article from yesterday. We should be getting a progress update 5/11 from the ATSC group.

https://www.tvtechnology.com/amp/news/a ... -available

AzJazz

Post by AzJazz »

Hi, Nick - I know that Phoenix is one of the primary ATSC 3.0 test markets.

Which stations here are actively broadcasting in ATSC 3.0? Also, how are the broadcasts for 4k / HDR content?

Thanks,

AzJazz

jasonl
Expert

Post by jasonl »

KFPH-CD is broadcasting ATSC 3. KASW is supposed to switch over Any Day Now after major COVID-related delays, though they've apparently run out of money and cancelled 2 of their DTS sites (serving Gila Bend and Queen Creek).

LOL @ 4K/HDR on broadcast TV. Networks and stations don't have the infrastructure for that, and they sure as hell don't have the money to upgrade things now. Local advertising revenue is just completely gone at this point, and Arizona in particular is likely to see a long-term downturn as more businesses fail due to the botched handling of COVID. Local broadcast stations derive most of their revenue from car dealerships, restaurants, lawyers, and other local businesses like that, none of which are likely to have the opportunity to return to normal operations for at least 6-9 months, and many simply won't last that long.

n9lya1

Post by n9lya1 »

Jasonl

Thanks for letting us know how its going in your area.. I cannot find anyone around here that will update me.. I think they are so unsure... its not wanting to be discussed just yet..
Regardless.. there is 1 Station I know of in Indy doing ATS3.0 so at least I can test.
The other + is the new HDHomeRun 4k will, (soon) doubles the number of tuners I have now so I can at least advance my number of AT1.0 Stations I can watch or record at once.. Trying to stay positive..

Jerry