prime 6

A place for people to discuss future hardware and software product news
mcewinter
Device ID: 131044D3, 103188F3

Re: prime 6

Post by mcewinter »

jasonl wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:43 pm
The rough ambitions were to release at the end of 2018, and for various and sundry reasons that didn't happen. They've already said they aren't going to announce any other timeframe until they're at a point where they know they can hit it, so figure that the first real word you hear will be when they announce when preorders will start.
I can understand that. Speaking for myself, it's rather frustrating when I had high hopes for a 6-tuner device during the height of Windows Media Center. The word ambition is being used pretty generously here.

JamesMitchell

Post by JamesMitchell »

I think the customers could use some updates on the issue during the releasing process if there's need for it. I don't understand the discretion.

rpcameron

Post by rpcameron »

JamesMitchell wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:42 am
I think the customers could use some updates on the issue during the releasing process if there's need for it. I don't understand the discretion.
It'll release when it's approved and built. It doesn't even have a final hardware design yet; and hasn't even been sent to CableLabs for certification.

crashnburn

Post by crashnburn »

They will not make predictions because when issues pop up like they have, users complain that they did not live up to these predictions. Quite understandable with the issues they have encountered. I will get by with my prime box until it comes out.