How to delete channels

Reception, channel detection, network issues, CableCARD setup, etc.
Sandiaman

How to delete channels

Post by Sandiaman »

I am running the HDHomeRun app on my Sony 4K TV. I see many channels on the right side of the screen and I want to remove most of them so I do not see them when I bring up the list of channels. I went to my.hdhomerun.com and placed X's on the channels I no longer want to see in the list. I do see a reduced number of channels on the page showing the version and number of channels (14 channels) but when I run the app on my Sony TV the list of all the channels still come up on the screen. Do I still need to do something to update the channels in the unit itself???

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F 15300C36

Re: How to delete channels

Post by signcarver »

You could try clearing the cache on the android device (sony tv in this case if I am understanding you correctly)

Do you have any legacy devices around (i.e. old duals) as it is not possible to edit that list of channels so that will report any channels submitted to SD from that device's scan.

Sandiaman

Re: How to delete channels

Post by Sandiaman »

The updated list of channels are now being show on my TV from the app. I needed to shut down the app and bring it up again. Thanks, got it working.