2 DVR's?

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
richardkiernan

2 DVR's?

Post by richardkiernan »

Hi,

Forgive me if this question has been answered elsewhere I just cant work out what to google!

So I have HD HomeRun Quattro all linked up to plex, runs perfectly and records just as it should - Great!

Now, I also watch live TV through the HD HomeRun app which is on my smart TV or Nvidia Shield. With recordings all ready set up on Plex, is it possible to actually set up the recordig ability on the HDHR app, thereby saving me the hassle of logging in to plex if I want to specifically record something I see in the planner whilst on the app?

Would the 2 DVR's (plex and HDHR app) not clash? How do they know what one is recording what?

Or is it that recording should only be set up on one or the other.

Thanks for the help.

Richard

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F 15300C36

Re: 2 DVR's?

Post by signcarver »

The HDHomeRun app can set up rules only for SD's HDHomeRun DVR which requires a subscription and an engine installed somewhere (if you wish your shield for this the android app includes and can enable the engine to run on the shield but it is linked to the app so make sure to never clear data or uninstall if you value those recordings)

For most people I don't recommend using both DVRs and too often I have seen people have issues come up when plex monitors the folder for SD's DVR so don't recommend it but such can work.

richardkiernan

Re: 2 DVR's?

Post by richardkiernan »

Thank you.

So in short get used to using one interface - probably plex and record all programmes via plex to the nas, and if I use the HDHR app I should switch to plex to record......