DVR Won't Record

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
dcosby10

DVR Won't Record

Post by dcosby10 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:24 am

I recently decided to upgrade my computer with a shiny new SSD, and I planned on formatting the old spinning disk drive to use to store the large DVR video files on. In this process I also installed a fresh copy of Windows 10. Therefore I had to go through the setup HDHomeRun setup process over again. Everything seemed to be going smoothly. I installed the software, scanned for channels, and setup the DVR to record to the D drive. Then I opened HDHomeRun and voila live TV appeared. The issue is when I tried to record a program nothing happened. No video showed up in the recorded tab and nothing was in the specified folder execpt a few log files. So I checked and the software is recognizing the DVR service as active on my account and it is setup to record to the specified location. So I reset the tuner and the PC, but come up with the same problem. Any suggestions on how to get it working?

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F 15300C36

Re: DVR Won't Record

Post by signcarver » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:05 am

What does that log say?(any issues such as things failed or not discovering tuners)
Any other recording engines on the network?
Is the computer going to sleep?

Usually for half of what you described it may also be imperative to run the loopback fix and make sure you are on latest beta since it sounds like you are using same machine as client and engine but that only explains missing in app, not missing in folder.

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS » Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:26 pm

Yeah, sounds like maybe the loopback exemption didn't get set, or got un-set after installation (Windows might have still been applying updates since it was a fresh install): https://info.hdhomerun.com/info/dvr:tro ... t_find_dvr

If that doesn't work, reply back with the Device ID printed on the bottom of your HDHomeRun, and I can look up some diagnostic data on your DVR.

dcosby10

Post by dcosby10 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:32 am

After running the loopback fix command I actually lost all live tv on the machine. However I discovered there was an update available on the Windows Store. After installing the update everything seems to be working now. Thanks for the help!