TypeError Unable to get property'parentElement"

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
gadjet_inspector

TypeError Unable to get property'parentElement"

Post by gadjet_inspector » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:09 pm

Hello All
I have been running the HDHR app for awhile and I can usually figure things out on my own with the help of the boards here. Today however I have an issue I haven't seen yet. I have Windows 10 ver 1909 and a model HDHR3-CC. The system has been working great for about a month but, last night there was a Windows update and today when I try to run the hdhr app I get a black screen and this,

TypeError: Unable to get property 'parentElement' of undefined or null reference
in t
in div
in div
in t
in div
in t
in n

and it goes on a few more times with the "in" codes. I deleted every reference and file for Silicondust an HDHomerun I could find on my drive and cleared the registry. Any Ideas?

jasonl
Silicondust

Re: TypeError Unable to get property'parentElement"

Post by jasonl » Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:59 pm

An update was pushed out yesterday to correct this. Are you still having trouble?

gadjet_inspector

Post by gadjet_inspector » Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:59 pm

I am still having the issue and, I get the exact same screen on my brand new Android s10e phone. I can get good streams by using VLC. So that rules out a windows issue or hardware issues. Whats left?

j.xcube@gmail.com

Post by j.xcube@gmail.com » Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:20 pm

Hi, I had the similar issue yesterday after firmware upgrade. Try to do hard reboot = unplugged the power cable and turn it again on.

gadjet_inspector

Re: TypeError Unable to get property'parentElement" Fixed

Post by gadjet_inspector » Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:00 pm

Finally got the issue fixed! I power cycled the HDHR and still had the same issue. I deleted everything off my system one more time and I looked at the http://my.hdhomerun.com/ and noticed that the ip address for the dvr was NOT on my main machine. It was on an old laptop that resides in my garage. I went to investigate and found the old laptop was powered on and had a message that the hard drive was failing. I powered it off and came back inside and my HDHR app was working again on my main pc.