Search with leading numbers?

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
virbing

Search with leading numbers?

Post by virbing » Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:02 pm

I was looking to record a new show starting tonight 68 Whiskey on Paramount Network. When I went into the Discover tab, I plugged in 68 Whiskey and 68 and got No Results. When I typed Whiskey, the show was displayed. Does the Discover window recognize numbers in titles?

jasonl
Silicondust

Re: Search with leading numbers?

Post by jasonl » Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:31 pm

If you start with a number, it searches that channel number for whatever you put after the number.

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F 15300C36

Re: Search with leading numbers?

Post by signcarver » Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:11 pm

I think it is one of those things that will need to be looked at some time... when I noticed the behavior I was trying to set for the new 911 spinoff though technically that series is supposed to have dashes so I can understand it not showing up on 911 though I am sure others have trouble with it as well. In this particular case since it was a series I typed in Lone Star and it showed up but there have been a few other shows and movies that are also just a number. I also later found out if one types a space first it picks it up with using 911.

The way some other software of mine works is that it first displays shows with that number and then lists shows by the channel number...

Another issue that I noticed for 9-1-1:Lone Star is that a few days after the 1st and 2nd episode they are broadcasting both back to back and that shows up as another episode to be recorded... I wouldn't mind it so much if it didn't state S01E01 when to me if it is recorded as a "block" should have special numbering or have the programs separated as individual episodes.