Import guide into WMC

Help and support with third-party TV software.
Windows Media Center, J River Media Center, Next PVR, MythTV, InstaTV, etc.
Winterlight

Import guide into WMC

Post by Winterlight » Tue Dec 24, 2019 12:56 pm

I am in the U.S and I do have a Silicon Dust subscription and I use the Win10 and Android app on most of devices. I have both the Cable and OTA devices and it does work great. However, I have one PC = Windows 8.1 PRO with Media Center that I want to keep using after MS kills guide support next week because it has a TEXT based guide to find future programing, and set recordings which is much easier to use for a quick recording. It also allows you to have favorite listings like a Cable DVR which is nice to use when there are so many available channels.

I went to download the EPG app to take over the guide and saw this
If you use SiliconDust HDHomeRun tuners and receive listings for their slice guide, you may be able to import that data into WMC without any additional cost. If you are subscribed to their $35USD/year DVR Service, you can receive up to 14 days of guide listings.
So how would I import my Silicon Dust guide into MC...or will it happen automatically? Thank you.

Winterlight

Re: SOLVED Import guide into WMC

Post by Winterlight » Tue Dec 24, 2019 2:37 pm

With the help of EMC author I found a solution.

nstall EPG123 with the following components:

Client Files
HDHR2MXF for SiliconDust HDHR DVR Service

Follow the installation routine for EPG123. When it gets to Step 3, Part 1 it will automatically run the HDHR2MXF program, import it, and map the listings to your guide channels. When done, it will proceed to Step 3, Part 2. It is actually really quick and easy without having to configure lineups and channels like we do with Schedules Direct.

mmortal03

Re: Import guide into WMC

Post by mmortal03 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:18 pm

Would this also work for their free, 24-hour slice listing information (that is, without paying for a DVR account with them?)

jasonl
Silicondust

Post by jasonl » Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:34 pm

The guide data used by EPG123/HDHR2MXF is only available to DVR subscribers.

hotshot2k3

Post by hotshot2k3 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:02 pm

You can just use MCImportXMLTV with an xmltv file generated by zap2it

tommyinajar

Post by tommyinajar » Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:35 pm

Just found out I don't need schedule direct, but I'm having an issue of the cable card channels not importing to WMC-no data
Image any HELP?

https://i.imgur.com/GXxcaU3.png