Select working too well.

Discussion of the new user interface for the HDHomeRun app.
dcalder
Device ID: 131A7D9D HDHR3-CC

Select working too well.

Post by dcalder » Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:20 pm

For your consideration. Not a high priority for sure, but a nice to have.

I have a remote control that has a very fast, unchangeable, key repeat rate or key bounce. This has not been an issue in the past, but lately Homerun seems to have started picking up these quick repeats when I hit the buttons on the remote. Unless I strike the key very quickly I end up with double entries.

This is particularly frustrating when I hit the escape key. For example, when I'm watching live TV and I hit a key to skip forward or back, and have a large buffer from pausing the live show, it brings up the on-screen display. I usually hit the escape button to clear the on-screen display (sometimes it doesn't time out).

If escape is pressed twice, it takes me out of the show and irretrievably looses the shows buffer, so I miss that part of the show. This double entry seems to be happening a lot more often.

I've used another remote (same brand) to verify that it wasn't something that changed on that specific remote so it seems that Homerun has become more sensitive in this respect. My remote has a touchpad, so I can also work around this by using the pointer and clicking, but wasting precious milliseconds of my life :o .

If this is happening to others, my suggested solution to this would be for the Homerun software to put a short delay in accepting a stream of input keys. It still receives multiple inputs when someone hold down a key to repeat, say, page down, but gives a little room for the accidental (or remote control) repeats.

Thanks,
Dave