XMLTV guide data

Want to write your own code to work with a HDHomeRun or work with the HDHomeRun DVR? We are happy to help with concepts, APIs, best practices.
paulsaz

Re: XMLTV guide data

Post by paulsaz »

garyan2 wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 6:02 pm No. M3U does not support combining streams/links for a channel. That is why, though I combine all tuners in a single m3u file, they are in different groups based on tuner ID.
Thanks for all of your work on epg123, do I still need the epg 123 server and client installed in order to just create the xmltv file?

garyan2

Post by garyan2 »

The epg123 client is strictly to support WMC. The epg123 main program is strictly to support downloading guide data from Schedules Direct. The primary purpose of the epg123 server was to proxy/cache images from Schedules Direct.

HDHR2MXF has always been designed to be a standalone executable to download the xmltv from SiliconDust and create an mxf file for WMC. If that is all you want, this is all you need.

paulsaz

Post by paulsaz »

garyan2 wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 6:48 am The epg123 client is strictly to support WMC. The epg123 main program is strictly to support downloading guide data from Schedules Direct. The primary purpose of the epg123 server was to proxy/cache images from Schedules Direct.

HDHR2MXF has always been designed to be a standalone executable to download the xmltv from SiliconDust and create an mxf file for WMC. If that is all you want, this is all you need.
Thanks for the info, I did get rid of WMC and will be dropping Schedules Direct and using your program with the program guide data from SiliconDust and TiviMate. Hopefully SiliconDust will create a way to use the api directly with TiviMate.

I'm still not sure what this sub is all about on the XMLTV guide if you have to get a new key several times per day?

EddieP

Post by EddieP »

paulsaz wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 11:35 pm
garyan2 wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 6:48 am The epg123 client is strictly to support WMC. The epg123 main program is strictly to support downloading guide data from Schedules Direct. The primary purpose of the epg123 server was to proxy/cache images from Schedules Direct.

Thanks for the info, I did get rid of WMC and will be dropping Schedules Direct and using your program with the program guide data from SiliconDust and TiviMate. Hopefully SiliconDust will create a way to use the api directly with TiviMate.

I'm still not sure what this sub is all about on the XMLTV guide if you have to get a new key several times per day?
You might want to run a simple webserver on the PC you generate the guide that is what I do https://www.rejetto.com/hfs/?f=intro.... and simply run the HDHR2MXF daily.

paulsaz

Post by paulsaz »

EddieP wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 7:19 am
paulsaz wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 11:35 pm

You might want to run a simple webserver on the PC you generate the guide that is what I do https://www.rejetto.com/hfs/?f=intro.... and simply run the HDHR2MXF daily.

I'll have to look into the webserver. Currently I have a windows task to run the HDHR2MXF daily and then another task to copy the file to my dropbox folder, which I then use that file with tivimate and dropbox.

Edit to add, I wish my plex server was able to host the epg and m3u files.
I did get the webserver to work and am now hosting my xmltv file for TiviMate on my local network, thanks for the info.

garyan2

Post by garyan2 »

I ran into an interesting issue with the latest HDHR2MXF. It uses UDP discovery and if it is run on a machine that has the DVR service running on it, it fails. The DVR service is holding port 65001 so HDHR2MXF can not access it. Is there another port I can use for discovery? I guess a backup plan will be to determine if hdhomerun_record.exe is running to use this method.

nickk
Silicondust

Post by nickk »

garyan2 wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 6:14 pm I ran into an interesting issue with the latest HDHR2MXF. It uses UDP discovery and if it is run on a machine that has the DVR service running on it, it fails. The DVR service is holding port 65001 so HDHR2MXF can not access it. Is there another port I can use for discovery? I guess a backup plan will be to determine if hdhomerun_record.exe is running to use this method.
The client (HDHR2MXF) should not be binding to port 65001.

garyan2

Post by garyan2 »

Got it. Thanks. Easy fix.

4Real4Real

Post by 4Real4Real »

I got API working. I put the API directly into Tivimate and it worked great. My Auth code changed from yesterday so it doesn't work today. Does this change daily? If so is there a trick for keeping it updated on Tivi?

garyan2

Post by garyan2 »

Yes, the auth codes cycle periodically so it will not be a static value. I use EPG123 to setup a service to provide M3U and XMLTV for TiviMate. You can download here. You can also include M3Us and XMLTVs for PlutoTV and Stirr.

Using the setup file, install only server files (unless you also want to use the guide with Windows Media Center then install the client as well). You will point TiviMate to http://<ip_address_of_host>:9009/output/hdhr2mxf.m3u and http://<ip_address_of_host>:9009/output/hdhr2mxf.xmltv.

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 10A05954 10802091 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F 15300C36

Post by signcarver »

Changes about every 8 hours and at reboot of device.

EddieP

Post by EddieP »

Can Actors bet added to the HDHR XMLTV.?

pjswiderski

Post by pjswiderski »

Hi everyone, I am looking for some help-
I tried using a modified version of the batchfile created by EddieP viewtopic.php?p=372405#p372405, but I cannot get it to work. Here's the script:

Code: Select all

CD /d "%~dp0"
curl http://192.168.68.113/discover.json > devauth.txt
SET /P DEVICEID=<devauth.txt
set DEVICEID=%DEVICEID%
set DEVICEID=%DEVICEID:*DeviceAuth=%
echo %DEVICEID%
set DEVICEID=%DEVICEID:~3,24%
curl http://api.hdhomerun.com/api/xmltv?DeviceAuth=%DEVICEID% > OTAEPG.xml
Everything appears to work, but the OTAEPG.xml file is empty. Assuming it might be due to Windows version of curl, I downloaded the curl binary that also supports the --compress flag, but same results.

output from curl shows this:

Code: Select all

% Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time  Current
                                 Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed
  0     0    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:--     0
Also, If I go to the URL direct with a web browser, I get data back that is pretty clearly guide data.
Any suggestions?

jasonl
Silicondust

Post by jasonl »

The api.hdhomerun.com URL needs to be https rather than http. The server will send a redirect but curl will not follow it unless the -L parameter is used.

pjswiderski

Post by pjswiderski »

Thanks JasonL, I'll see if that fixes it.