Unable to Play DRM?

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
johnd93

Unable to Play DRM?

Post by johnd93 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:27 pm

For some reason I can no longer watch DRM channels which worked about a month ago? On my Nvidia Shield, or windows 10 computer. my.hdhomerun shows everything including DVR up to date.
Is there a bug in the newest release?

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F 15300C36

Re: Unable to Play DRM?

Post by signcarver » Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:02 pm

First double check that your cablecard is validated as it sometimes looses proper pairing. If on a cisco card, check on the CA page if the Status is ready and not not staged (though this usually involves any encrypted content not just drm content but there are some providers that only encrypt drm protected channels)

There are a number of other things that can affect DRM playback. Most often is not having a secure path (this includes verifying various OS modules and hdcp requirement on "all" displays) In some cases hooking up to a 4K screen at 4k will not pass hdcp rerquirment. I have also seen issues on some things when refresh rate is set correctly. There is also a requirement of 7ms RTT (think ping from the client to the tuner... sometimes I swear that SD restricts this even a little further as I have never seen anything that gets a 5 or 6 actually pass). I have often seen various issues with wifi and moca that may cause for an excessive RTT.

Also make sure if you have DVR engine(s) that all are on latest release as some older ones don't properly allow the client to play direct from the tuner.