Recordings Made but don't show up on Win10 & Firestick

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
CWC

Recordings Made but don't show up on Win10 & Firestick

Post by CWC » Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:32 am

I've only had my Connect two tuner unit for 1 week. At first it worked fine and I could record and play back on both my (2) win10 machines and on a TV with a Firestick. Now, on both systems, I can't see my recordings - only "Your HDHomerun DVR is ready to record."

I've read a couple of threads on this but not one with my exact symptom on win10 or firestick. Apparently it was fixed on the Shield with an update. Here is my info:

Device: 104A3602 Connect. Myhdhomerun.com reports the DVR is active.

Hard drive is 4TB connected via USB to always-on PC as drive D:.

Recordings DO get made. I can see them on the drive with win explorer and can play them on the local PC using VLC media player.

It did initially work, but no longer.

I can view live TV and can pause and FF/Rewind with no problem.

As suggested in another thread, I AM able to see what looks like metadata for the recordings when I add the suggested text to the end of the address of the dvr engine. I use chrome.

The system is writing log files including one for today.

system status (win10 pc):

Version 20190621
Storage ID 77FBBB8A-C85A-433F-BDDF-15CEE2584F35
Record Path D:\dvr folder\
Search Path D:\dvr folder\
Free Space 2637 GB
IP Address 192.168.1.143

Any suggestions?

NedS
Silicondust

Re: Recordings Made but don't show up on Win10 & Firestick

Post by NedS » Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:40 pm

Is there any VPN software enabled on either the PC or the Fire TV stick? On the Windows 10 PC, try the following:

Right click on the Start menu icon and select Windows PowerShell (Admin) or Command Prompt (Admin). Run the following:

CheckNetIsolation LoopbackExempt -a -n="ef712ba7.hdhomerundvr_23nna27hyxhag"

You should get a response of "OK." Open the app and check to see if you can then access the DVR.

CWC

Post by CWC » Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:32 am

Thanks! Yes, I have a vpn, but it's not hiding my location at this time.

However, the powershell command totally fixed it! Works fine now on the win PC and the firestick is now working too - though I don't think I really did anything to it.

klaberte

Post by klaberte » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:28 am

NedS wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:40 pm
Is there any VPN software enabled on either the PC or the Fire TV stick? On the Windows 10 PC, try the following:

Right click on the Start menu icon and select Windows PowerShell (Admin) or Command Prompt (Admin). Run the following:

CheckNetIsolation LoopbackExempt -a -n="ef712ba7.hdhomerundvr_23nna27hyxhag"

You should get a response of "OK." Open the app and check to see if you can then access the DVR.
Can you explain what this powershell command does, and how you knew which -n value to use?

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F

Post by signcarver » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:21 am

That is the "name" of SD's app (the same name (target) would be used to create a shortcut to it)... the reason for it is that "universal" apps (i.e. windows store apps) are prevented from looping back to the same pc's network resources, they can only connect to the external network resources. What the command does is allow such loopback for the program specified. Which is why it is called the loopback fix. In theory the installer should run such command but for some reason it either doesn't work or doesn't stick so one may need to manually do it

In the old days there was a loopback fix app that listed all such programs and let you choose programs to apply such fix to.