HD Channels not working

Reception, channel detection, network issues, CableCARD setup, etc.
John Lame

HD Channels not working

Post by John Lame » Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:18 pm

I’m located about 30 miles southwest of Austin. I’ve had a SiliconDust HDHomeRun Connect Duo 2-Tuner for a couple months and at first it worked fine picking up all of the Austin area channels from an outside antenna. Recently in ‘live mode’ the HD channels have started to freeze after five seconds. Then, after about another five seconds the video will resume for a couple seconds and then pixilate, freeze and then the HomeRun ap will turn itself off This occurs on all of the HD channels (7.1,14.1,36.1..etc) and not on the non-HD channels (7.2,7.3,14.2,14.3,36.2,36.2…etc). I’ve deleted and re-installed the HomeRun ap numerous times. Reception isn’t the issue, my antenna will pick up usable signals from San Antonio and Waco both are over 100 miles away. Any suggestions??

NedS
Silicondust

Re: HD Channels not working

Post by NedS » Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:13 pm

John Lame wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:18 pm
I’m located about 30 miles southwest of Austin. I’ve had a SiliconDust HDHomeRun Connect Duo 2-Tuner for a couple months and at first it worked fine picking up all of the Austin area channels from an outside antenna. Recently in ‘live mode’ the HD channels have started to freeze after five seconds. Then, after about another five seconds the video will resume for a couple seconds and then pixilate, freeze and then the HomeRun ap will turn itself off This occurs on all of the HD channels (7.1,14.1,36.1..etc) and not on the non-HD channels (7.2,7.3,14.2,14.3,36.2,36.2…etc). I’ve deleted and re-installed the HomeRun ap numerous times. Reception isn’t the issue, my antenna will pick up usable signals from San Antonio and Waco both are over 100 miles away. Any suggestions??
1. Go to the http://my.hdhomerun.com/ site
2. Click your HDHomeRun's device ID
3. If it tells you that a firmware update is available, please install it
4. Click System Status
5. Check the Send diagnostic information box
6. Go back one page
7. Click Channel Lineup
8. Click Detect Channels

Reply back to this thread with your Device ID, which can be found printed on the bottom of your HDHomeRun.