newb questions

Reception, channel detection, network issues, CableCARD setup, etc.
hokienation1

newb questions

Post by hokienation1 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:32 pm

hi guys,
I bought an HDHR Prime from a friend and am trying to get it working on vz fios at home. I'm still trying to 'pair' my new toy w the cablecard I got from fios, but don't know how to get to the hostID, other info needed. Per SD, the cableCard wasn't good, so I've exchanged my cablecard already. Any other ideas? I'm running the latest firmware (0621 release date). I don't have a 'channel 131' on the HDHomeRun app, only channels 1.x-68.x (looks like OTA), and then 5000.x - 5165.x. any thoughts/Advice/ideas? as I learn more about it, I think it's a great product!

TIA

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F

Re: newb questions

Post by signcarver » Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:57 pm

Sounds like you have a bad cablecard again as those channels aren't those numbers when you have a cablecard. You would get the information you need from the cablecard pairing page on the CableCARD menu page (if a cisco card it would be the Host ID screen).

I would first look at viewtopic.php?t=65715 for basic diagnostics of a prime but from what you have said.

Personally I suggest opening a ticket or turning on dending of diagnostic data and posting your DeviceID for the people from SD to take a look, but for help here from the community, you would need to post the log and the cablecard pages... have a feeling it may be a case where the VCTID hasn't properly been set for the card or that the card hasn't received any programming. Usually it is best to work with VerizonDirect on dslreports.com for cablecard issues.