When are we going to get a clock?

Discussion of the new user interface for the HDHomeRun app.
Post Reply
rjnorris
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:06 pm

When are we going to get a clock?

Post by rjnorris » Fri May 17, 2019 5:45 pm

This has been a long desired feature and I think i saw a update post with a clock on the top bar...... I am so tired of picking up a phone to see what time it is......and I'm not the only one.......

https://www.cordcuttersnews.com/the-one ... ing-setup/

Please give us a clock

gtb
Expert
Posts: 3985
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:00 pm
Location: Sunnyvale, CA USA

Re: When are we going to get a clock?

Post by gtb » Fri May 17, 2019 5:54 pm

rjnorris wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 5:45 pm
Please give us a clock
$2.49 at IKEA: https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/00374136/

nateb
Silicondust
Posts: 943
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:22 pm
Device ID: 1051C73D, 10759F29

Re: When are we going to get a clock?

Post by nateb » Fri May 17, 2019 6:09 pm

I can't tell if this is a joke post. The New UI, which subforum you are writing in, includes a clock.

nickk
Silicondust
Posts: 15524
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 9:39 am

Re: When are we going to get a clock?

Post by nickk » Fri May 17, 2019 6:17 pm

Instructions on how to get the new UI with a clock:
viewtopic.php?f=132&t=71275

GetMatt
Posts: 1820
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:45 pm
Device ID: 1310683C, 13196816, 10733FC0

Re: When are we going to get a clock?

Post by GetMatt » Fri May 17, 2019 6:54 pm

gtb wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 5:54 pm
rjnorris wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 5:45 pm
Please give us a clock
$2.49 at IKEA: https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/00374136/
:lol:

regator99
Posts: 57
Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:23 pm

Re: When are we going to get a clock?

Post by regator99 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:48 pm

nateb wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 6:09 pm
I can't tell if this is a joke post. The New UI, which subforum you are writing in, includes a clock.
I see the clock in discover, I want one on the slicer view/ live tv

NedS
Silicondust
Posts: 375
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:38 pm

Re: When are we going to get a clock?

Post by NedS » Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:17 pm

This is another situation that I'm going to push Kodi for. With at least five different ways to access the HDHR within Kodi, UPnP, included* official add-on, included PVR add-on, included unofficial add-on (HDHomeRun Simple), and the unofficial PVR add-on (my favorite), at least a few (if not all) should let you access on-screen controls that pop up a clock. The two PVR options will also display the time for when the current program ends, depending on the skin you use.

*in the default add-on repo, that is

cncb
Posts: 51
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:56 pm

Re: When are we going to get a clock?

Post by cncb » Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:43 am

This has been brought up before, but having no times (recording length + current position) in the OSD is also a pretty glaring omission. It is also a little strange having an apparent SD employee promoting Kodi giving the impression this (IMO) basic stuff will not be implemented in the HDHR app.

bruiserker
Posts: 36
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 12:27 pm

Re: When are we going to get a clock?

Post by bruiserker » Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:13 am

cncb wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:43 am
It is also a little strange having an apparent SD employee promoting Kodi giving the impression this (IMO) basic stuff will not be implemented in the HDHR app.
Yeah, is he actually pushing the user towards using KODI? Is that what it's come to here?

MetalHead
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:03 am

Re: When are we going to get a clock?

Post by MetalHead » Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:45 am

[posts from this account are not displayed]

NedS
Silicondust
Posts: 375
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:38 pm

Re: When are we going to get a clock?

Post by NedS » Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:02 pm

cncb wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:43 am
This has been brought up before, but having no times (recording length + current position) in the OSD is also a pretty glaring omission. It is also a little strange having an apparent SD employee promoting Kodi giving the impression this (IMO) basic stuff will not be implemented in the HDHR app.
I was a part of the Kodi team for five years, and it's through them that I know SiliconDust people. SiliconDust maintains an official Kodi add-on as an official way to view HDHomeRun content (both live TV and DVR). I am not involved with software development. That being said, I like the idea of a clock and length/position info being in the OSD, and I share such feedback internally. I'm simply a support tech on the forum letting users know about an alternative option that I happen to be familiar with.

NedS
Silicondust
Posts: 375
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:38 pm

Re: When are we going to get a clock?

Post by NedS » Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:08 pm

bruiserker wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:13 am
cncb wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:43 am
It is also a little strange having an apparent SD employee promoting Kodi giving the impression this (IMO) basic stuff will not be implemented in the HDHR app.
Yeah, is he actually pushing the user towards using KODI? Is that what it's come to here?
Telling people about software that works with HDHomeRun hardware?! What is the world coming to?!

NedS
Silicondust
Posts: 375
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:38 pm

Re: When are we going to get a clock?

Post by NedS » Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:33 pm

NedS wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:08 pm
bruiserker wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:13 am
cncb wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:43 am
It is also a little strange having an apparent SD employee promoting Kodi giving the impression this (IMO) basic stuff will not be implemented in the HDHR app.
Yeah, is he actually pushing the user towards using KODI? Is that what it's come to here?
Telling people about software that works with HDHomeRun hardware?! What is the world coming to?!
Also, to be honest, I was sorting by recent posts and didn't originally notice this thread was specifically in the new UI sub-forum.

Post Reply